024. Happiness is a Butterfly

~Happiness is a Butterfly~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Persephone was awoken by her curtains abruptly opening, letting the brightness of the sunshine in her room. As her eyes became accustomed to the light, she found her sister running to her closet, most likely to pick out an outfit for her.

"What's going on and what are you doing in my closet?" Persephone sat up to get a better view of what her sister was doing.

"Persephone, you must get up. We are having a picnic." Athena responded, throwing the dress on top of the bed. "Or did you forget?"

How could Persephone forget? Her sister had been talking about it for days now. Everyone would show up at the park and enjoy the lovely weather while also looking for potential suitors.

"I didn't. I just expected us to leave a bit later." Persephone got out of bed, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

"And be the last ones over there? No thank you. We need a perfect spot to set everything down." Athena shook her head, watching her sister take her sweet time getting ready. "Arabella will soon come and finish off your look. You have to look presentable, don't forget you have eyes on you."

Persephone rolled her eyes as she watched Athena walk out. Arabella soon walked in, closing the door behind her.

"She has a point you know."

"Bella, I get it. I understand. I'm just super tired right now." The only thing Persephone wanted at this moment was to sleep all day and not be bothered.

"Lady Whistledown had a lot to say about you and your little date." Arabella teased as she started working on Persephone's hair.

"No doubt about that. I swear she has eyes and ears everywhere." Persephone stated, closing her eyes for a moment.

"She sees potential in you two. Sooner or later there will be wedding bells ringing and the Duke of Salisbury will be off the market." Arabella smiled. Reading the paper this morning gave her a sense of joy. She was sick of the woman talking about Persephone in a negative way.

Persephone smiled as well. The idea of marrying the Duke sounded crazy but not impossible. She just had to wait for the proposal....if there ever will be one that is.

"Well, until he proposes to me. There will be no wedding."

"He'll do it soon enough. I'm sure he's preparing himself to make it grand and big."

"That is, if nobody ruins it." Persephone didn't want to think in a negative way but with Robert ruining things and Daniel up to no good, she could expect anything from them.

"Let's not think about the negatives and think more positives. I'm sure you'll be seeing the Duke today." Arabella took a step back, finishing Persephone off with last finishing touches. "Do you have anything planned?"