021. May the best man Win

~May the best man Win~

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

The vauxhall celebration was an event everyone was excited for. It was a great way to find more suitors and a great way to see your competition. Who has eyes on who and who is being left in the dust.

Many people were excited but for different reasons. Persephone and James were excited to finally see each other and actually hold a conversation. But James was definitely more excited to see if Persephone would wear the necklace or not. Robert was excited to spend more time with Persephone. As for Athena, she just hoped no drama would occur.

"I remember the vauxhall celebration." Athena spoke as she looked at her sister from across the boat. "It was honestly a magical sight, I wonder what they'll do this year."

"I'm surprised they did anything grand during your time." Persephone glanced at her sister. "Wasn't that years ago."

"Persephone, don't make me feel older than I am."

"You started it."

Athena looked at Persephone up and down, stopping at her neck. "Persephone, where did you get that necklace? I have never seen it before."

Persephone touched the necklace around her neck, the necklace James had gifted her. "What are you talking about, Athena? I've always had this necklace. I've just never worn it until now."

Even though she had told Athena about the letters, Persephone still couldn't quite trust her. The letters were something small compared to the gifts. She knew that if Athena were to know the whereabouts on the necklace, she'll know Arabella was helping her. Persephone didn't care if Athena would tell Daniel about the letters, she would still find other ways to communicate with James.

Athena furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

The boat came to a complete stop, letting the two Thornharts sisters know they had arrived. Persephone couldn't help but smile as she took in her surroundings. Athena had a point about the vauxhall celebration. They always went big.

The vauxhall celebration was a magical place. It felt like you were in a fairytale. The dancing, the music, the decorations. It was honestly a sight for sore eyes.

"Ah Miss Thornhart, it's lovely to see you." Robert smiled towards Persephone who was too busy looking somewhere else.

"Lord Arrington, it's good to see you." Athena smiled politely speaking for her younger sister.

Persephone simply ignored their interaction, continuing to look around the place. Something had caught her eye. James Vronsky was just a couple feet away from her, this time however, he was surrounded by many girls. Girls trying to get his attention but his attention was solely on Persephone.