027. Betrayed

~Betrayed~

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

As soon as Persephone woke up from her slumber, she wanted to get out of the house. She felt suffocated. She didn't want to be around Athena nor Daniel. She wanted to get away, even for just a little while.

"I'm surprised you got out of bed." Arabella found Persephone practically ready to go but who could blame her. Finding out that you're in an arranged marriage and your own sister kept it from you.

"I don't want to be stuck in this house any longer. I would like to enjoy the freedom that I have left before it'll get abruptly taken."

Arabella frowned. "Are you giving up? Just like that?"

She assumed Persephone would fight. Find a way to not marry that horrible man but it seemed as though she had given up. It wasn't like her to just give up but here she was, facing defeat and acknowledging what is to come of her life.

"Bella, what's the point of me fighting a battle that I know I'm going to lose. Let's face it, all of you guys can give me false hope but in the end I have to marry that man."

It was difficult for her to even admit that out loud. If you would have told her last week that she would have to marry Robert, she would have laughed in your face. But this was the reality. This is real. Arabella, Margaret, or even James can try to give her hope but she knew it wouldn't happen, especially with the contract they had.

"It's just weird hearing you talk like this. You were always someone who fought for things you wanted and things you were against." Arabella admitted, folding the dresses Persephone took out of the closet. "I guess you can say I'm a bit surprised."

Persephone looked at herself in the mirror before sighing. "I've surprised myself, Bells. I guess there's no fight left in me."

Arabella felt sadness hearing Persephone talk. The look of defeat and tiredness, no doubt from every obstacle she has had to face. Persephone never really had a time where she can just be free. Where she can feel genuine happiness. That feeling was too foreign for her.

"I'll have the carriage ready for you." Arabella spoke, giving Persephone a small smile before walking out of her room, leaving Persephone alone with her thoughts once again.

"What has my life come to?" Persephone covered her face with her hands. She was tired, very tired.

"Persephone, can we talk?"

Persephone froze as she heard her sister's voice. It's barely been 24 hours since their last encounter and she didn't expect Athena to appear. Honestly, she didn't expect Athena to show her face at all.

"No."

"Persephone, this is important. I want you to hear me out." Athena insisted, stepping closer.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say. The damage is already done." Persephone sent Athena a glare as she stood up from her seat.