036. Whose side are you on?

~Whose side are you on?~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Everything felt like a blur. Throughout the whole day, Persephone couldn't help but think about what had happened between James and Lucy. And most importantly, what could have been. Persephone was quick to jump to the conclusion that this whole thing was thanks to Daniel and Robert. She should have known the two would try to find a way and ruin her marriage. But she also thought about Athena.

Even though Persephone had already fully blamed Daniel and Robert. She still had her doubts about her big sister. You can't really blame her though. This was the same woman who went behind her back and tried to force her to marry Robert. And on top of everything, Persephone still couldn't find it in herself to fully trust Athena.

And as Persephone walked inside the Thornhart home, she only had one thing in mind. She had to know if her sister had anything to do with this mess. If Athena knew what Daniel was planning.

Persephone stood in the middle of the living room, waiting for Athena or at least Margaret to show up. But as she waited, she looked around the room. Persephone had left months ago but even so, everything felt foreign.

The memories were there. The arguments with Francis. Watching the fire as raindrops hit the windows during the cold winter nights. Her mother telling her stories when she was just a child. The announcement of Athena and Daniel's wedding and soon after, their child. And of course, who can forget the day James showed up and asked for her hand in marriage. All of these memories in the same room she would soon create another.

"I hope you didn't mind the long wait. I didn't expect you to come here." Athena announced making Persephone snap out of her thoughts.

"It's fine. I did show up rather unexpectedly." Persephone shrugged, not really caring. "I was surprised not to see Margaret greeting me at the door."

Even though Persephone had only shown up to the Thornhart home to confront her sister, she was hopeful to see Margaret. Even though it has only been a couple months, she still missed her motherly figure. 

"She actually went out for a bit. Buying things for the house." Athena replied as she took a seat next to her sister. "She should be here soon."

Persephone nodded her head. "Doesn't matter. I actually wanted to speak to you about something."

"Really? Is something wrong?"

"Yes." Persephone replied as she played with the ring on her finger. "James had a strange encounter with Robert's sister. She tried to force him to drink something and I have a feeling she wanted to drug him."

"Lucy wanted to drug James? What for?" Athena couldn't believe what she was hearing. Out of all people, Lucy? Why would Lucy want to drug James and why James of all people?