009. No Matter What

~No Matter What~

 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It didn't take long for Margaret to return back to Rachel's room. Having dinner in hand for the bedridden mother.

"Well, I'll leave you to eat then." Persephone kissed her mother on the cheek. "Enjoy your meal."

"Thank you, P."

The two older women watched as the young teen left the room. Margaret quietly placed the food on the nightstand before helping Rachel sit up.

Rachel watched Margaret closely. "Margaret, what's wrong? You're awfully quiet."

Margaret sighed. "Oh, it's nothing."

"You know you can tell me anything. I won't tell a soul."

"I don't know if I should. It's not really my business." Margaret rubbed her hands together. "But it's just sickening."

"What's it about Margaret?"

Rachel was getting nervous. She had never seen Margaret act this way. Margaret was always something who was vocal about how they felt and made it known when she didn't like something. Margaret wasn't just another maid or another nanny, she was very important to the Thornhart family.

"I'm scared of what's to come if you're not around." Margaret spoke truthfully. "Things would get out of hand."

Margaret wasn't wrong. If Rachel were to ever leave this earth, there's no telling what would happen. Slowly but surely, Daniel was becoming important. Sticking with Francis Thornhart will get you far in life and Daniel wanted all of this to happen. To not be seen as lower class but as a rich man.

Francis was doing everything he could to put Daniel in the position where he needed to be. Francis couldn't have people think that he let a lower class man marry his daughter...even though he did. He was turning Daniel into a powerful man. Someone who in the future would be respected.

As for Athena, as days went by her main focus was always her family. Her due date was approaching. Her husband was slowly becoming an important figure—thanks to her father. Speaking of father, their bond was stronger than ever. The thing she dreamed of the most.

Nobody would really miss Rachel except for Persephone. Persephone had no one on her side. Someone who would defend her at all cost. Someone who will always be on her team. Without Rachel, Persephone would have to defend herself the best she can and Margaret was dreading what the rest of the Thornharts had planned for the innocent teen.

"Margaret, we've talked about this." Rachel stated, looking at the older woman who still had a worried expression. "We both know I might not make it and I want you to care for Persephone the best way you can. She's going to need a motherly figure in her life and you will fit that role perfectly when I'm gone."