035. Set the Trap

~Set the Trap~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

James was always known to be a hardworking man. From a young age, he had watched his father become the man of the house. The one who gave orders. The one who provided for his family. James had always dreamed of becoming like him. To be the man in charge. To provide for his family. But he didn't expect that sort of power to consume his everyday life.

Ever since James had officially become Duke of Salisbury, he's been working non stop. Barely having time for himself or for his wife. He didn't have his father to tell him anything. To provide some wisdom, some advice on how to handle things. To find balance between work life and his new life with his wife. Benjamin was no help. Never having that responsibility. He had to figure things out on his own.

But even though he spent the majority of his time working, the little time he had left, he would always spend it with Persephone. James didn't care if he would come home tired, having no type of energy whatsoever. He didn't care if his body craved sleep. Persephone was his wife and he wanted to give her the attention she needed.

Tonight was no different. James had come home surprisingly early and had taken the next day off. Not only did he need the day off but he wanted to spend time with Persephone. To actually dedicate the whole day for her and just be with her. But his plans for the night turned left once his friends got a hold of him.

"I don't have to go, Persephone. You know my plan was to spend time with you." James had sat by their vanity as Persephone fixed his blonde curly hair.

"You can spend time with me tomorrow. It's been a while since you've hung out with your friends." Persephone looked at him through the mirror as she continued with his hair.

Persephone was right. James hadn't hung out with his friends ever since he announced his engagement with the brunette. But it wasn't like he was purposely avoiding them, he just didn't have time.

"But they'll understand. I'm newly married."

"We've been married for a couple of months now. You need to have fun. Relax. You deserve a break from working so much." Persephone wanted him to take a break from everything. She wanted him to sit back and relax and what better way to relax then with his friends. "Besides, it's only for tonight. We can do whatever you want tomorrow."

James turned his seat so that he was facing Persephone, slightly looking up, giving her a cheeky grin. "I have a couple of ideas in mind."

Persephone playfully rolled her eyes. "I hope one of those ideas involves moving."

It's not that Persephone hated where she currently lived. She just needed some privacy and after her talk with Elizabeth, Persephone just wanted a break from the whole baby talk. Persephone had a feeling she'll be hearing about those talks for quite awhile. It was best for the two to be away from her for a while.