030. Big Question

~Big Question~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

It was early in the morning when James received a letter from his dear Persephone. No doubt, having her favorite handmaiden personally deliver the letter to the Vronsky household. There wasn't much in the letter except wanting to speak to him as quickly as possible. Without much thought, James got ready. He knew exactly what he needed to do but first, he needed to make a quick stop.

But while James was making a quick stop, Persephone felt her nerves kick in. After her conversation with Athena, Persephone couldn't sleep. She needed to figure out a way to speak James but the only solution she had come up with was sending him a letter. That made Persephone wake Arabella up and help her. By the time the sun rises, Arabella was off to Salisbury to deliver the letter.

Arabella didn't make her feel much better when she was informed James was still asleep and she had to give it to their handmaiden. Persephone didn't know what to expect. She didn't have an exact answer from him.

"Can you stop pacing around? You're going to give me a headache." Arabella rubbed her head from the lack of sleep she had gotten.

"I just can't help it. What if he didn't get the letter? What if he did get the letter but once he realized it was me, he ripped it? What if—"

"Ok, ok, ok. You need to relax. I'm sure once he woke up, Ophelia gave him the letter. I don't think he's going to rip it." Arabella interrupted her.

"You don't know that. I pretty much ripped his heart out the last time I spoke to him. He could very well resent me for it." Persephone didn't want to overthink but she couldn't help it. If she was in that position, it would take a while for her to even speak to him. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to speak to her again.

"Yes and I understand that. But he does love you and care about you a lot. I'm sure he understands why you did what you did." Arabella spoke to the girl. "Even if it was pretty dumb."

Arabella will always understand why Persephone did what she did. But Persephone had a tendency of wanting to work alone or working with someone who she can really trust. To Persephone, it was better to face the consequences alone than to involve more people into a mess she made.

"It wasn't dumb." Persephone argued back as she sat next to Arabella with a huff. "I just didn't think this would happen so quickly."

"Miss Thornhart." Both girls' heads turned towards the butler as he entered the room. "The Duke of Salisbury is here to see you."

"You may let him come in. Thank you."

Persephone didn't have much to think about. Much to prepare for. James was here and this could either go really great or really horrible. But she knew this was her opportunity to make things right.