026. Revelation

~Revelation~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Persephone didn't sleep. After she had forcibly kicked James out, mostly out of risk of getting caught, Persephone couldn't sleep. The idea of being in an arranged marriage with Robert kept her up all night thinking. When did this start? How did this happen? Who else knows about this?

She had spent practically the whole day in her room. After James had left, she stayed by her window just thinking. Persephone had even watched the sunrise but lack of sleep did catch up with the girl, yet she didn't get much sleep.

"Sorry to interrupt, Persephone." Arabella approached the girl who was in fact still sitting by the window. "How are you feeling?"

Arabella had grown worried for the young girl. Persephone didn't want to leave her room for anything. Food had to be brought up to her room in order for her to eat. And by the look on Persephone's face, Arabella knew it was a long night.

Persephone shrugged. "I don't know how to feel, Bells."

"Grandmother told me what happened last night. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would have expected more manners from Daniel."

Persephone had almost forgotten about the dinner that took place last night. She had been too busy thinking about what James had told her that she forgot about the horrible dinner Daniel had caused. The embarrassment she faced while in the Vronsky house. In a way everything made sense.

Daniel ruining the dinner was just a way of removing James out of the picture. And if he wasn't going to do it, he knew his family would.

"What's done is done and there is nothing that can be done about it. Daniel got exactly what he wanted." Persephone didn't want to dwell over the dinner. She had bigger fish to fry.

"I just wanted to let you know that Robert is here."

That had seemed to perk Persephone's interest. If Robert was here, they would mostly talk about the disaster that took place in the Vronsky house.

"I saw him walking into Daniel's office. Most likely wanting to talk about last night." Arabella continued on, knowing this was what Persephone wanted.

Persephone nodded her head, standing up from her seat. "Good. Now, we can see once and for all what those two have been hiding all this time."

"I just want you to be careful. Whatever it is that they are hiding, might change everything."

"Bella, I have been hurt long enough and it will hurt more the longer I am oblivious to everything that is going on. I need to know what those two are hiding and if my suspicions are true."

"Very well then. I wish you the best of luck."

Persephone squeezed Arabella's hand before walking out of her room. As she tipped toed down the stairs, making as little to no noise as possible, she felt her heart thumping loudly. Persephone couldn't get caught, especially now that she was so close to finding out the truth.