005. Decisions

~Decisions~

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Days went by after Daniel's visit and Athena was having bad luck with her suitors. By her father breathing down her ear, Athena didn't have much time with each boy. Francis was now more alert than ever, making sure they wouldn't make the same mistakes again. It was becoming a headache and she swore she was going to snap.

Seeing this, Rachel decided it was best to take the girls out and have a picnic. They haven't done that since they were kids and it was also a chance for the girls to leave their father's presence. But, Rachel also wanted to see where Athena's head was at. There wasn't much talk since the whole Daniel incident and she was afraid of Francis impacting her daughter's marriage.

The sun was shining bright as ever as the three Thornhart women took their spots. Everyone was out, enjoying the warm sun and possibly finding more suitors. It was a way for the town to not only help their kids find good partners but also spy on those around them.

"Athena, I know your father has been hard on you but don't let his judgemental views stop you from finding a good husband." Rachel advised the girl, placing a hand on her arm.

"Mother, I understand. It's just that I try so hard to find someone and father keeps pushing them away. It's like he doesn't want me to marry anyone." Athena admitted.

"He doesn't. He wants us to keep our last names." Persephone replied.

"Nonsense Persephone. Your father is just trying his best to find Athena a good husband so she wouldn't make the same mistakes other women make when finding one." But even Rachel knew it was a lie. Even though Francis did try to find Athena a good husband, he was also making it extremely difficult for the girl to actually find one.

"By kicking every single guy out. Please mother, that man only wants to keep Athena single as long as possible until he finally has to let her go and then it's my turn." Persephone stated. "But unlike Athena, I'm not going to let that man ruin my chances of finding a good husband."

Athena scoffed, turning towards her sister. "So you think I'm letting him?"

"Absolutely."

"You act like I have a choice in this."

"You need to stand up for yourself and tell him how you feel. He can't and should not control your love life." Persephone insisted.

"Girls, that's enough." Rachel didn't need the girls to argue, especially out in public. "Why don't we talk about this once we get home. I'm sure many people would love to hear how difficult it is for a Thornhart to find a suitor."

Rachel was right. Many people in town were jealous of the Thornharts. With their good looks, lots of money and power. Many people wanted to be them but many were waiting for their downfall. Nobody actually admitted to it, but the Thornharts knew.