4 3 . f o r e v e r h a r d - o n s

Humbly refer to paragraph 4 in the chapter called "the prologue", in regards to smut in this book. *blank stare*

Y'all have too much hope; I'm here for it but I also don't want to disappoint you.

Also, what makes y'all think I can even write smut? Bc I think smut is awkward *cries in awkward human being existing*, idk how y'all guys can read it bc it really makes me cringe. Idk I think I need to mature and grow up but the idea of sex? Scarrryyyyy. I'm gonna be a nun *giggles*

Anyways, enjoy <3

•••••••

I wave my hands a bit to rid the tiny drops of water still lingering on my hands. I then rub them together, subconsciously shutting my bedroom door and shifting towards my bed. After climbing on it and sitting on legs, I sigh, picking up my phone, ready to press play and continue watching my Kdrama show.

That's until I hear the sound of movement in my room. Before I could even react beyond screaming when I see it — him, Avery — I'm tacked flat down onto my bed with him right above, hand over my mouth and body's weight onto me.

The one second of my voice hitting the ceiling is cut short when he covers my mouth with one hand and holds me firm against my bed, hissing at me to quieter down. For a moment, we silently stare at each other, me in shock and him with slight annoyance, but that cuts off when we hear Amber call my name from her room.

Instantly, Avery gets off of me and backs up from my bed right up until behind the door and besides my length mirror. Not even a second passes before my door opens and Amber sticks her head in with a suspicious look on her face.

"Are you okay? I heard you screaming."

I nod my head and adjust my laid out body, lifting up my phone to show the screen to her, which was is on the Kdrama. "K-drama."

I mean I'm still mad at her to give her full sentences.

Amber nods her head slowly but it's so obvious she isn't buying it. I take the opportunity to look at Avery pressed up against the wall behind the door. He casually rolls his eyes at me and smirks. He has the time to smirk, when Amber can take just two steps in and turn around.

I look back and Amber and clear my throat. "Can I help you?"

"Oh, nothing. Just making sure you're okay." She clears her throat. "I'm gonna go now."

"Great."

She gives a small smile for a moment, an awkward moment, then mutters a goodbye before closing the door gently after her exit.

I now look at Avery, ready to give him a piece of my mind, but stop immediately when he lifts his hand and indicates my silence. He presses his index finger against his lips and shakes his head. Then, he points at the door twice, at his ear twice and then at my being, twice.

Amber is still listening? Is that what he's saying?

I raise both hands up and shrug an I don't know. Avery uses the same index finger, now pressed with his middle, and moves it in a come here motion. When my feet hit the floor, he raises his hand up and down with his palm facing down, as if telling me to be quiet.

Then, he points at my phone and mouths; "Press play." I do just that.

My room is filled with the voices of the actors on the screen, and I take the extra measure by increasing the volume. I then look back up at him, moving towards him cautiously when he silently tells me to come towards him.

My steps are almost drowned by the noise from my phone. When I step closer to him, he holds the handle of the door and opens it, which takes me completely by surprise. Even more, when I find Amber shuffle back to her height.