2 1 . s t a r g a z e

What are our thoughts on Avery? I think he's cool.

*internally grins*

Short chapter ahead <3

•••••••

I found it rather suspicious that we found a gate unlocked, and that Avery new exactly where to go. To be fair, maybe he always knew this golf course, but still I gave him a side eye since no one else questioned how he knew the gate was open. I thought we'd be climbing gates but I guess walking through a side gate makes things easier.

Considering we were not able to bring the car in, we took the necessary stuff and decided we'd rather eat on the grass in our sleeping bags. Makes sense anyways. Amber and David ended up changing clothes in the van and the rest of us set up in a good spot. Quite dark, which was a bit weird for me because we don't know what kind of animal would rock up out of nowhere. The huge torch the twins happened to bring helped us much; we place it in the middle and surround it with the sleeping bags. We brought the food and a plain black dustbin bag to throw away trash.

This certainly feels illegal; we definitely saw the camera close by the entrance but I'm not sure if it's working and if it has been recording upon our arrival. No worker has come and chased us way, nor are there any signs of anyone else being in the area. A bit spooky since the golf field is quite big and we walked a bit of a distance to find this spot, but no one questions it still.

Round about when everyone is surrounding the torch, eating and just stare gazing or looking at the view — we are partially on a hill so we can see mountains and a whole dust of house or street lights twinkling the opposite side. It's not as chilly as we thought it would be, however there's is a slight cold breeze that passes us now and again.

I take a bite of my burger, glancing at Nathan who laughs and raises his hand — a habit of Qailah's that's now growing on him.

"I have a question." He covers his mouth with his fist as he chews for a bit. "Would you... have a three way with your homeboy or homegirl?"

Everyone makes a sound of confusion at his question, because literally, here he goes again.

Amber besides me starts up, saying; "Do you not see how weird that is? I cannot imagine having a threesome with some dude and one of you guys. That's so weird."

"Qailah, do yo approve?" David throws in, making us all laugh as Qailah punches his shoulder playfully with a grin on her face.

Across from me is David, who smirks and winks at me. I'm hoping it's not in relation to the conversation at hand but nonetheless, I giggle and shake my head. Amber sits on my left, and she's across Qailah. Avery is on my right, who is across Nate. Kat sits on the left side of Amber, and Nathan sits across her besides Qailah's left side.

"Okay, let me explain! Let me explain." Nathan clears his throat, adjusting the hood of his hoodie as he quickly sips on his drink. "I think it builds our relationship beyond what it could get to."

"How?" Avery chirps in as well.

"It allows us to get to a place we could never get to unless, for instance, we both come close to death. Having a platonic love for each other to that point where no one could get to, unless they were in an intimate and vulnerable position."

"What position?" Kat snickers. "Doggy? Or..."

Some of us laugh at her question. Nathan scoffs with a grin and rolls his eyes. "You know what I mean."

"I get what you're saying." I state, placing my drink down on the grass. "However, I think that's so awkward afterwards. Like what happens after you and your homeboy did backshots? Y'all hand shake and walk off? That's so weird, Nathan."