2 0 . r o a d t r i p

"You got everything you need?" Amber wiggles her fingers at me to pass the smaller bag for her.

With a sigh, I hand her the bag and pick up both of our sleeping bags. "We're not going on a long holiday, Amber. You didn't need to pack all the unnecessary stuff."

"They aren't unnecessarily, and I literally just packed my pyjamas and a hoodie incase it gets cold." She eyes me up and down. "Aren't you going to get cold?"

"I'm warm." I confirm, lifting my own hoodie to show my long sleeve thick jersey.

After small chitchat, we take the bags and head out, making sure to lock up the dorm room. We head down to the front gates of the dorm, waving at David who hoots at us casually, grinning as his jaw contracts now and again because he's chewing on gum.

I don't even understand why he's looking all so fashion model-like; shades sitting on his nose perfectly and lips glosses you might even see your reflection. We're going to break into a whole golf course, not a fashion show. I shake my head and smirk, watching him lower his glasses down to look at us properly.

"Put your stuff in the boot, ladies!"

"Someone's excited to break the law." Amber chuckles, opening the boot with one hand and then putting the bag in. I put both sleeping bags in and then allow her to close.

I hop in the back seat and Amber jumps in the passenger, high-fiving David before he turns to smile at me.

"Little mama."

"I didn't know we're going to a fashion show as well."

He scoffs. "I need to look good breaking in. You honestly think I want to look crusty when those cameras record us breaking in? Come on, now."

"Cameras are going to record us?"

"Guys, seriously? It's a golf course. Don't you think there will be cameras?" He glances at Amber after her question in curiosity. "You guys look fine, if that's what you're wondering."

Amber giggles and waves her hand dismissively. "Whatever, mister influencer."

The ride to the twins' house was surprisingly shorter than I thought it would be. Apparently Kat decided to go with Qailah with Uber — usually David would fetch Kat, but he said she wanted different this time — and Avery drove solo.

Upon arrival, we find everyone by the truck (it's a van) the twins were talking, and they also seem to be packing their own stuff along with what seem to be sleeping bags. The twins are matching in attire; both wearing grey sweatpants with grey hoodies. Avery has on black sweatpants and a low neck thick jersey I find myself wanting. Katlego literally has on her purple pyjamas and matching eye mask on her head (her infamous wigs aren't worn today, so her neat cornrows are showcased). Qailah looks cozy in her dinosaur onesie with her hair in a messy bun.

I happen to be wearing long black tights and fuzzy socks, with my simple old brown hoodie and a jersey underneath, but I will wear pyjama pants before we sleep. Amber has on jeans and a plain white shirt — to be fair, she did hang out with other friends earlier today so she said she'd change into her own pyjamas when we go to sleep.

David is the only one wearing like he went to a fashion show. The things he does just to look good.

After the three of us greet everyone (Qailah randomly grabbing my butt when I hugged her but I try not to think too much into her sudden fetish or whatever) we take our own sleeping bags and put it in the front considering the boot is basically full. We all say a short prayer before we decide to stop by Mc Donald's to load on food to eat when we arrive at whatever golf field Avery is to show us.