1 6 . t r u t h o r d a r e

I assist in taking the bags of snacks out of Avery's car, along side Avery and Amber. Avery goes first, and then Amber follows as she tried to start a conversation with him. I remain by the parked car in one of the open parkings here at David's parents' house. The boot is open, which makes it easier to grab the bags — this is after I adjust my skirt because it's riding up in a very comfortably uncomfortable way.

Avery bought snacks. I don't know if he remembers that he wasn't assigned for snacks, but he purchased them and honestly, it seems like he bought it for a group of workers or school kids having a party. Variety of snacks, variety of drinks (both alcoholic and nonalcoholic), that when I saw the bags, I nearly fainted.

The amount of money I'm sure he used. He surely could have just... I don't know, not used that much money for snacks, for 8 people.

I grab two light bags and head towards the front door, the very same time Avery steps out to approach his car. I don't look up at him, give him the time of day. I didn't even greet him when he came to fetch Amber and I. I sat at the back quietly and minded my own business, zoning out when the two fell into a soft and short conversation on the way to David's house.

I don't even know why, but as soon as he is about to pass me with no word, my foot catches on the brick of the pathway, and I squeal thinking I'm about to embarrass myself in front of him by falling. I'm held up before my fall by Avery, who holds my arm and forearm presses against my stomach.

"Watch where you're going."

When I'm steady and stabile, I do the opposite of showing gratitude by shoving him off of me and readjusting my hold on the bags, glaring up at his Eiffel Tower height. "Leave me alone, you idiot."

I can tell he is beyond taken by surprise at my choice of words. "Excuse me?"

"No, because you avoided me yesterday and now suddenly you want to talk?"

"Oh. I'm sorry that the world doesn't revolve around you. I had my own personal issues to handle. I'm sorry I can't attend to you hand and foot." The boy scoffs and rolls his hazel eyes.

I click my tongue, ready to say anything to tick him off because hey, his words kind of bruise my ego. Or, lack thereof.

It's Kat who interjects before this becomes an argument, as she clears her throat by the door with a knowing grin on her face. "Come forth, bring the stuff in. Don't argue now. Hi Zee!"

"Hi Kat." I smile and approach him, clicking my tongue at Avery again who curses me out under his breath and heads to his car. As soon as I get to Kat, she pulls me in for a hug before pulling away with a pretty grin.

"You look so pretty. I literally love seeing you in skirts, you know? It's so hot." She eyes me once again, flipping her blonde strands over her shoulder. "Don't ever stop wearing skirts."

My cheeks tingle at her words. "Thanks, Katlego."

I'm wearing a skirt indeed, shorter than yesterday's one and it matches the black long sleeve I have, along with my black jean jacket. I plan to take the jacket off since it's kind of warm today, but I'll see what happens.

"Welcome welcome. Go inside, greet the rest. Come along Avery. Is that all the stuff?" I hear him reply with a hum or something, and then Kat points her thumb up and heads inside before me.

I head towards the kitchen where the noise is, and am greeted by David and Nathan who make the most noise. I'm assuming everyone else is on the playroom upstairs.

"Little mama." David grins his greetings to me, and I roll my eyes. "Unjan'?" [how are you]

"I'm good. Yourself?"