Chapter 27

Song of the Day: Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots

Odette's POV:

~~2 days later~~

I pulled my suitcase down the hall to the stairs were I carried it down and halfway down, Mark saw me and hurried over to cary it for me.

"Ode, you know you shouldn't be carrying heavy things." Mark told me. I smiled, and kissed his cheek.

"You worry too much babe." I said. He smiled and looked down at my little bump in the bottom of my stomach.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You can still change your mind and come with me." He said, I sighed.

"Mark, I need some time to think about what to do, I need my parent's help. And I think you need some time too, think stuff over." I said. He nodded sadly.

"I'll miss you." He said, I smiled sadly.

"Me too, but hey! Let's think of this as a positive, it's a break. A time of relaxation and re-thinking things that need rethinking. I'm pregnant, and I don't know what to do. My parents are going to kill me." I said, he shook his head.

"They won't if you tell them the whole truth. Ode, I don't understand why you never told them anything. Do you want me to go with you?" I asked, I shook my head.

"I'll be fine, just come pick me up for the appointment okay?" I said, he nodded and took the suitcase and other things to the car.

He was going to drop me off in the border, I didn't feel like driving, my parents would pick me up. I told them I was going to be visiting for two weeks because I have been stressed. They were worried when I told them, they were afraid something really bad had happened, they had no idea. My mom really wanted to know what was happening over the phone and even asked me if Mark and I had broken up and I reassured her we hadn't but that I will tell them what was happening later.

How on earth am I supposed to tell them their daughter was abused for years by her fiancé and later kidnapped and abused again? Oh yeah, and pregnant with his child? They were going to be so mad, my dad will probably want to kill Steven or something crazy like that. This is why I can't take Mark with me, I can't drag him into my troubles wih me this time. I had to deal with this alone.

I got into the car and soon, Mark got inside too, after locking my house. I was a bit sad, because I wasn't sure how long I would go without seeing it again. We drove in comfortable silence for the most part but sang along to some songs randomly. I stared at Mark while he sang and I had stopped singing myself, I would miss this man. The man I loved. I hope he waits for me, and that he doesn't choose to leave me after really thinking about things and this break ends. He looked at me from the corner of his eye, and smiled that toothy beautiful smile. A smile that never failed to turn my insides into mush in a good way, or that made me feel a happy, warm feeling in my chest. I smiled back at him and he turned the music down a little bit.

"What's wrong babe?" he asked me. I felt the tears prick at my eyes. I shook my head and looked down.

"Nothing, I'm just going to miss you a lot." I said, giving him a tiny smile.

"Odette, I love you, so so much. You know you are the only one for me. I will wait for you as long as it takes, remember when I said I would marry you? That kid won't change anything, I will still love it and raise as if it were mine. Then one day, we'll get married and give that child a brother or sister, or both." I smiled big and made a noise in between a cough, snort and a giggle. He kissed my cheek.

"I'm going to miss that dimple-y smile of yours, sweetheart." He said, grabbing my hand and kept driving. My phone was plugged in and on shuffle, then the song I Would Do Anything for you came up and Mark and I started jamming and singing our hearts out to each other. Soon enough, I craved some In-n-out and we got some and ate in the parking lot and talked about our plans for the future, tour, etc. I had to cancel my book signing because I am pregnant and can't deal with that stress, or people knowing. The media can be a dangerous place to mess with. We ate ice cream afterwards and it made me remember our first date.