Final Chapter

Song of the Day: Coming of Age by Foster the People

Odette's POV:

I was looking out the window of Mark's car, I sighed as it started to pour outside.

"Odette?" Mark asked, calmly. The car was silent, no music playing, just the sound of the engine and the rain drops hitting the hard metal and glass. I didn't look at him, but I was sure he was glancing at me with his ocean-blue eyes concerned.

"Hmm?" I sighed again, I was thinking of my parents, and the fact that they didn't want me to keep the baby. All through out my life, my parents were always the ones giving me valuable advice and it usually turned out to be the best choices for me. The fact that they didn't want me to keep it left me doubtful over my choice, but then again, I wasn't a muderer. I couldn't kill an innocent child, the baby wasn't at fault for how it was made. And even though it is Steven's, it is mine too. I could never kill an innocent angel. I pulled myself out of my thoughts when I heard my name again. I had zoned out. I turned to look at Mark.

"What?" He smirked.

"What's on your mind Ode?" he asked me. I sighed again.

"I'm thinking of my parents. I don't know why they would want me to abort. And even if they think it's the best for me, I'm not a murderer Mark. Wether I like or not, this baby is mine too, maybe more than it's real father. I want to have it, I just feel a bit uncomfortable because I'm afraid that my parents won't treat the baby well, or that they wil end up hating it or something. " I spoke fast, but calmly. He caressed my palm.

"You are making the right choice. I'm sure your parents will love the baby and they will accept it. Just like me, it'll take time, but it'll be okay. Just have faith, love." I cracked a smile.

"You're right." I turned the radio on and Mark smiled.

"There's the Ode we all love." I laughed and moved my head along the beat of the random song playing until we got to the hospital.

-------------

"How's it going, Ms. Howland?" The same doctor as last time asked me, with a smile. For once, I didn't want to smack it out of her face.

"It's going as okay as it can. My parents aren't really supportive, but I want to keep this baby." She smiled, as if satisfied with my answer and clapped her hands.

"Alrighty then! Are you ready to see your baby for the first time? Well, virtually?" She asked excitedly. I looked at Mark and smiled, he smiled wide as well.

"Yes!" I got up and sat down on the chair. Mark stood up and stood by my side, holding my hand while I waited impatiently for the doctor to be ready. She finally put her gloves on and put the cool gelatinous substance on my growing tummy. I shivered and smiled.

"It's cold." The doctor smiled at me and Mark chuckled. She turned on a sort of monitor and started the ultrasound. She passed the tool around my abdomen and soon we saw a blurry, colorless image on the screen. I held my breath as I tried to determine the shape and body. Mark held my hand and waited until the doctor explained.

"Okay, you see this? This is the head. And... the rest of the body here. " She explained while pointing at the screen. We were both amazed at what we were seeing before us, this was a child, that was growing inside of me. A human waiting to be born, relying on me, I am responsible for it. No pressure there.

---------

As the months passed, I got even bigger and thank god, less sick. Although I grew more tired and needed to pee ALL the time, I was excited to become a parent. Mark seemed excited as well. After the tour was over, he came by everyday to see how I was doing and satisfied all my insane cravings and did everything he could to make me comfortable and take the stress away. During tour, he would call everyday no matter what and make sure I was fine. We were currently sitting on the couch, watching a random comedy show when I felt a weird movement in my belly and widened my eyes when I realized what it was. I tapped Mark's hand.