Chapter 8

Song of the Day: When You Can't Sleep At Night by Of Mice and Men

Odette's POV:

I started to bite the inside of my lip nervously as Mark parked his car. I really hope he doesn't expect me to do anything with him. We just became a couple, like literally, 20 minutes ago. I started to scratch the nail polish of my fingernails as we walked to his front door.

He opened the door and I stood there akwardly, lost in my thoughts. It's not like I didn't want to do anything, I mean, don't get me wrong, of course I would like to, I like Mark, just... not right now. It's too early and I don't want to be seen as just another girl on his list. I trusted Mark enough to know he wouldn't be like that at all but I was just a nervous wreck right now. I scratched my arm and I heard a snap! I looked at Mark's face, he was close and looking at me with concern, I realized he had snapped his fingers to stop me from my trance.

"What's wrong, Ode?" He asked. I smiled a little, still nervous. I needed to tell him how I felt, I wasn't going to ruin this relationship with lies when it just started.

"Mark, I know this will make me sound like a loser but... I'm not willing to do anything right now..." I murmured the end and bit my lip harder as I saw his face twist with confusion, then with realization. He cracked a smile.

"Ode, I'm not that type of guy, you know? I respect you a lot, I really like you. I don't just want to use you for sex..." He murmured the last part, looked away and blushed while he swept a hand through his hair. I smiled, instantly feeling much better. He blushed harder as he looked at me.

"B-besides, I want to go slowly, there's no rush. I want to cherish you because I want every moment to be the best for both of us." he said, I smiled and hugged his waist and layed my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beat, it was beating fast. I loved the way I could make his body react to me. I sighed happily as I smelled his scent. He hugged me back.

"Thank you Mark, I want to cherish all of you and our time together too." I said, he kissed my head and we stayed like that for a little while. I heard my phone buzz and then start playing my ringtone. I blushed as 'Best Friend' by Foster the People started. It was Angelica's ringtone. Oh my God, Ange, way to ruin the moment. I heard Mark chuckle. I pulled back and answered.

"Ange, what do you want?" I asked, a bit annoyed for the fact that she knew I was on a date and called instead of sending me a text.

"Oooo, soemone's mad. Did I interrupt your mating session? Sorry mate." She said, in an Australina accent. I blushed at what she said and then laughed at our inside joke.

"No, Ange. But you did kind of interrupt. What's up?" I asked, Mark gestured to the kitchen and I nodded, following him.

"Not much, I was just wondering if you were coming home, it is 7 pm you know, and I wanted to invite Jase over if you weren't coming back. Are you at Mark's?" She asked, I could tell that she was probably smiling knowingly by her tone of voice. I blushed and looked at Mark that made a drinking motion with his hand and I nodded. He pointed to the coffee maker and I nodded again. I smiled at our way of communicating.

"Yes, I am. I'm not sure if I am going tough, but I don't think so. I'll let you know." I said. She laughed.

"Gonna get your groove on I see." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"No! We're not! But something you might be interested in happened." I said, I heard her squeal.

"What?! Tell me!" She said. I laughed,