Chapter 10

Song of the Day: The Dreamer by I the Mighty

@@@Okay, so there is a teeny bit of a start of a smut so I'll be using ** to let you know when it starts and finishes.@@@

Odette's POV:

I heard a ring and went to the door, I wiped my floury hands on my apron and opened the door. Mark saw me and hanged his mouth open. I smiled at his outfit, he was wearing a black dress shirt with patterns on it tucked into his usual black jeans and dress shoes. Looking hot as usual.

"Ode, what happened to you?" He asked. I laughed and looked down at myself, I had flour and egg and etc, everywhere. It was good thing I changed.

"Do I have any on my hair?" I asked, I would have to take a shower afterwards if I did, he shook his head and I let him in.

"Why are you so messy?" He asked, I smiled.

"Angelica and I are making brownies. Well... I'm making brownies and Angelica's making a mess." I said, he laughed. I held his hand and led him to the kitchen. Angelica turned to us and smiled sheepishly after taking a finger out of her mouth.

"Ange, really? Are you a kid? Picking on the batter." I rolled my eyes and Mark laughed. I grabbed the tray and started filling the batter in. Then I put the tray in and clapped my hands.

"Okay, time to clean up." Angelica groaned and started cleaning while moping around. Mark helped us out by drying the dishes while I washed them. We were done in less than 10 minutes. I took my apron off, went to change and came down to see that Angelica and Mark had started watching the news. I went to sit next to Mark and he leaned his head to my shoulder and sighed.

"Tired?" I asked, he nodded.

"I couldn't sleep because you weren't with me." He mumured. I blushed a little.

"I'm sorry." I said, he turned his head to kiss my cheek then leaned down and rested his head on my lap and smiled.

"It's okay, you're here now." He said, I smiled and started running my fingers through his hair softly and eventually, he fell asleep.

The news were over and I heard a ring from the kitchen. The brownies were ready. They smelled delicious. I was in trouble, I didn't want Mark to wake up but the brownies might burn. I looked at Angelica desperately and she smiled, gave me a thumbs up and headed to the kitchen. I hope she doesn't burn herself. Luckily she didn't and she came back with perfect brownie squares. She was good at arts and crafts, so her squares and presentation with white powdered sugar was perfect. I smiled and she grabbed one for me and then for herself. I whispered a 'thanks' and ate happily.

"Mmmm. Oh my god." She said, I smiled at her expression. I'm glad she liked the brownies. I felt Mark shift and turn his whole body closer to me, his head closer to my stomach, I blushed. His breath was warm in my stomach and it looked like he was cold. I wondered if I should wake him up, I turned to Angelica. She laughed at my face and held a hand to her mouth when a loud laugh came out. I felt Mark bring his hand near his face, rubbed his eyes and opened them, I blushed harder. He turned to see me and smiled.

"I smell brownies." he said, with a groggy voice. I smiled and showed him my brownie. He got up in a sitting position and opened his mouth, I gave him some and he chewed.

"Mmmm. They're good." he said, I smiled and bit the brownie and chewed. Mark laughed, I swallowed.

"What?" I asked, he shook his head and leaned in to my face. He licked the side of my lip and pulled back, I blushed.

"You had powdered sugar on the side of your lip." I bit my lip.

"You could've told me." I said, rubbing my lip.