Chapter 74

Loki's bored.

Again.

He doesn't like spending time with the Avengers, but sometimes he forgets how boring it is when they're not around. Steve, Natasha, and Thor are all gone at once, and it's severely limiting his socialization potential.

He still has Bruce, at least. He spent a couple of hours this morning helping him with his research, and while it was fun while it lasted, he did grow bored of it eventually. Then he went to watch a movie – Marmaduke, which he must admit was kind of cute – but that also came to an end, and he grew bored once more.

Well, he should have some form of company in the building, at least. "JARVIS, where is Snowflake?"

"I was asked not to answer that," JARVIS replies.

Loki furrows his brows. "I beg your pardon?" He scoffs. Well, that's ridiculous. "Where is Stark, then?"

"Mr. Stark is in the garage," JARVIS says. "He's rather busy. He may not take kindly to your intrusion."

"I really do not care," Loki says. "Where is the garage?"

With JARVIS's assistance, Loki manages to find the garage, and the mechanic down there in it. Tony doesn't notice him come in, too distracted by the car he's in the midst of fixing up. Loki couldn't care less about it. He's far more interested in his cat than he is Tony's collection of cars. (He does find himself wondering why he has so many of them, though. Don't all cars do the same thing?)

"Stark," Loki says loudly.

Tony glances over his shoulder. "Hey, you wanna give me a hand?"

"No."

Tony rolls his eyes. "Great. Thanks."

"Where's the cat?" Loki demands.

"Don't know," he says "Not here; not my problem."

"You don't know." He makes his disbelief very clear.

"No, I don't know," Tony says. He turns his attention back to whatever the hell he's doing under the hood of the car. "It's not my job to look after your cat. And, if you haven't noticed, I'm a little busy right now."

Loki crosses his arms. "Did you tell JARVIS not to tell me where she is?"

Tony scoffs. "Why would I do that?"

"Because you enjoy being needlessly annoying, I'd assume," Loki says. "Where is my cat?"

"Oh my God," Tony mutters under his breath. He turns back around to face him, a look of utter exasperation across his face. "Why do you think I know where your cat is?"

"Because nobody else would have told JARVIS not to tell me," Loki says.

"Okay, what the hell are you talking about?" Tony asks, though he doesn't give the god the chance to answer. "JARVIS, where's the cat?"

"Loki is correct; I was asked not to answer that," JARVIS tells him.

Tony furrows his brows. "Wait, seriously? By who?"

"Agent Barton."

Tony and Loki share a look, their confusion written across their faces. Why does Clint not want them to know where the cat is? Does he even like the cat? Loki has to hope he does, because if not, he's almost afraid to find out what's happened to her.

"Okay, override that," Tony says. "Where's the cat?"

"Agent Barton has let the cat into the air ducts," JARVIS says.