A New Friend

Unknown Place

"Oh your back" a familiar voice said.

"Huh?, oh it's you again." he replied.

"So you did hear me that time!" the dark figure said excitedly jumping up and down.

"Woah, woah calm down where are we." he asked the figure.

"Oh, we're in your mindscape or at least a part of it." they explained.

"So I'm not dead?" he asked.

"No silly, you're just resting in your room." they answered with a small giggle.

"How long?" he asked.

You've been asleep for a week and three days I think." they answered tilting their head to one side and with their finger on their chin in a thinking manner.

"A week! Ah, man Lady Cassandra sure did a number on me. He said rolling the shoulder that was stabbed.

"You met Cass," she said with a tilted head.

"Actually I met everybody from house Dimitrescu." he said.

"Wow and you're alive. They said with utter surprise in their voice.

"Is it that surprising," he said curiously.

"Well a lot of men don't survive in Castle Dimitrescu, so you must've done something that surprised her and earned her respect." they explain.

"I saved the lady's daughter Daniela from a villager that was going to shoot her," he explained.

"Ah that's why she didn't kill you and probably another reason." they say in a teasing way.

"So are you alone here?" he asked.

"Yes." they answered looking at the ground with a slight sadness to their voice.

"Hey, hey come here." he said, taking a knee and opening his arms for a hug.

The figure looked up and ran into his arms and wrapped their arms around him and he gave them a nice big hug, and when he pulled away some color seems to return to the figure, as he hears them sniffle a tiny bit he begins to pat their head and tells them.

"Hey it's okay shh shh it's okay as you're not alone ok. '' he says reassuring them that they're not alone anymore.

"Okay." they reply pulling away from him and whipping their face where their facial features would be and tears but it is blank covered by black nothingness.

"So is there a place to sit here?" he asked

"Yep here." they answered as they stuck their hand out towards the black surface of their shared mindscape and then they raised their hand and a chair appeared.

"Could I do that?" he asked.

They nodded in response, and so he stuck his hand out and raised it up and formed a bed that fit the size of the figure.

"Huh? A bed, but you're sleeping already silly." they said as they looked at the bed.

"Ha ha, -he let out a small chuckle,- it's for you kiddo." he said, giving them a small caring smile. They immediately snapped their head towards Orion and more of the blackness that seemed to cover the figure had vanished revealing their eyes, one was a golden color mixed with Pale blue while the other one was completely Pale blue. Tears begin to well up in there as they run and give him a big hug.

"Thank you so much none of the others ever did this for me all they wanted to do was to leave or they wanted nothing to do with me until they finally left." they said as their voice began to shake with a sad sound coming from it.