Bonding

A/N: not sure about the title.  

Orion went to the village and checked on his gifts. The rings were finished but Vas told him that the weapons still needed to be finished and wouldn't be done until Christmas Eve. So Orion took the rings and then proceeded to check in on Pytor and Serena and tell Morel about Alcina's answer which he did and the kids were doing good as well and he also spent a few hours in the tavern, and then headed back to the castle.

12-22-2020 evening

As Orion arrived back at the castle and felt that the atmosphere felt different, strained even, for some reason he couldn't place it, that was until he heard Alcina shouting from the dining room. Orion drew his pistol on his way to the dining room when he heard the familiar sound of buzzing flies as he was surrounded by the cloud and whisked away to a familiar room, it was Dani's. He entered and was put down and Dani changed to her normal form.

"Dani, what was all the yelling about that I heard? And also hi," he said, putting away his pistol.

"Hi little wolf and the yelling was because my uncle Heisenberg stopped by unannounced which angered mother," she said to him as she kissed him and he returned it with a kiss of his own.

"So what did you have to do in the village?" she asked as she planted small kisses all over his lips, jaw, and neck.

"Dani slow down," he said, chuckling as he reached up and cupped her face in his hands making her stop, "and to answer your question I had to check on an order I made at the blacksmith, and then I went to the tavern for a bit," he told her planting his kisses all over her face.

"Now look who needs to slow down," she says in a playful tone and nips at his nose.

"Can you blame me?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Why'd you bring me here anyways," he says gesturing to her room.

"Well you were gone all day and I was bored the whole time you were gone," she said wrapping her arms around him, "Now mind if I ask why was there another scent on you when you left early especially on your lips?" she asked with a mix between serious and a playfully seductive tone.

"Oh that well you see, '' he says, pausing for a second to gather his thoughts, "Do you know that young maiden Opal?" he asked.

"The young one that talks to me when she cleans the library," she said.

"Well she confessed that she liked me," Orion said as he noticed Dani's face had dropped the smile she had on, "and she also kissed me," when Dani heard those words she let go of Orion and started to walk to the door, but Orion grabbed her arm gently and pulled her in for a hug wrapping his arms around her waist with her back facing him, which Orion was surprised that she didn't fight it.

"Look she knows that my heart is not for her and again she did kiss me but it was to see if there was a connection between us which there wasn't," he said, as he began to feel Dani vibrate with anger at hearing again that Opal kissed him. Orion simply laid a gentle kiss in the center of her back which worked as he noticed Dani's shoulders relax and her vibrating subsided immediately.

"So please don't hurt her, make sure your sisters don't hurt, and be nice to her?" he asked her, she nodded, "Do you like her as a friend, do you like talking to her?" he asked Dani.

She turned around in his arms and kissed him and said, 

"yes, I do like her as a friend, she's nice, she likes the same books that I like and we talk about them whenever she's in the library cleaning, and she doesn't see me as a monster or a freak, but I'm keeping my eyes on her okay," Dani said playfully furrowing her brow.

"I would imagine you would," he said chuckling.

"So I'll make sure she's safe, now give your mistress a kiss before you leave," she said in a seductive voice.

"Okay no, don't start that," he said looking up at Dani and Dani just had a raised eyebrow looking at him. "Okay fine, god you've been reading your mother's private collection of romance novels haven't you, '' he said as Dani looked away and whistled, Orion just dropped his head and just sighed.

"Only when we're alone I promise, please," Dani said begging, giving Orion puppy dog eyes.

"Alright," Orion says.

"Alright, what?" Dani replies asking with a smirk.

"Alright mistress," he said, sighing a bit, and Dani was just beaming with excitement but calmed when Orion kissed her and then was gone in a flash leaving her in the middle of her room standing like an airhead.

After Orion left Dani's room he went to his room to put his gear away and take a shower, which he did, and while he was enjoying the warm water hitting his body a flash of that fateful day appeared in his head causing him to stumble and fall to the ground and sit in a corner of the shower taking deep breaths trying to calm himself and saying to himself,

"Not again, not again," he said, taking deep breaths and closing his eyes. 

It took a bit for him to calm himself but he did and finally exited the shower he began to get ready to relax and lay down.

Orion was at his desk unwinding and working in his sketchbook on a drawing of Dani, but was interrupted when he heard a mewl come from his bed. Orion went over to see what made the noise, not to his surprise when he lifted the blankets it was Dani she was fast asleep curled up in a ball hugging one of his pillows, to Orion it was one of the cutest things he had seen since living here in the castle. He went back to his desk, closed his sketchbook, and carefully got in trying not to wake Dani up but he failed.

Dani mewled in annoyance at being woken up, "my bad, go back to bed," he said, as Dani scooted closer to him and wrapped an arm around his chest and her legs over his, he just chuckled and wrapped his right arm around her pulling her closer and the scent of vanilla, cinnamon, and blood for some reason made the bad memory he had early vanish and he became at ease from just having her near him.

"Night, Night Dani,'' he said, kissing her forehead as well as saying night to Eva.

*Night, night, Evi* he said.

*Night, night, Ori* Eva said.

"Night, night little wolf," she said, yawning, and nuzzling her head into the crook of Orion's neck and herself deeper into his side, he just smiled at that and closed his eyes and wondered what this meant, what he and Dani meant, and he also wondered did he finally find his place to settle down and rest.