The Gifts and Family

The day Orion woke up and started his job, nothing special happened while he was out and, this is how his days went for months besides stealing glances at Daniela from time to time. He also began to receive small gifts at random points in time but he dismissed them, it wasn't until December the same year he arrived when things changed in a good way for him and a not-so-good way. It was Christmas week and he was off and decided to head into town, avoiding Opal, he went to visit one of his only friends in the village and that was the blacksmith, Vasily.

"Hey Vas, how are you this evening?" Orion asked.

"Well if it isn't my friend Orion I'm good, I haven't seen you in town a lot lately," Vas said.

"I've been working and was just given this month off. I mean I still do my job albeit in a limited way. Orion said.

"Ah, boss lady working you like dog." he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, and don't let her hear you say that," he said.

"I know when to keep mouth shut about mama bear and her cubs," he said, " I also see you haven't been bitten yet my friend," he said.

"You say that like it means something," Orion said curiously, "it does my friend it means that even though you work for big lady and cubs, you not having bite means you are still fresh to take." Vas says.

"What?" Orion replies

"To take, to be with, to be one's partner." Vas said.

"Oh, I didn't know about that." he said.

"Well if I had to assume, one of her cubs has a fondness for am I wrong." he said with a knowing smirk.

"What no, that would be totally unprofessional," Orion said with a nervous chuckle.

Vas just gave him that look of 'come on now.'

"Okay it's Lady Daniela," he said.

"So the crazier one has caught your eye." Vas said as he was working on something.

"Hey!, don't call her crazy!" Orion said with a small growl emerging in his voice, catching Vasily off guard.

"My friend, something is different about you." he said as he examined Orion.

"What do you mean?" Orion asked.

"Well you just growled." Vas replied.

"I did, huh?"

"Are you okay my friend?" Vas asked.

"I'm good Vas and actually I came by to ask you to make me some things for me?" Orion asked.

"Well what did you have in mind my boy? Vas asked.

Orion raised his right hand with the blue ring on it, "this but in black and gold but add blood red to one of the pairs." he asked.

"Anything else?" Vas asked.

"Well some weapons." Orion said.

"Ah, so these are for the cubs I take it and the rings are for?" Vas asked quizzically.

"Well one is for me the other is for Daniela, he said quickly, and the other pair are the lady and her partner." he finished saying.

"Well from what you said about them before the last time we spoke, Bela is the proper one so for her a beautiful black sickle with gold engraving, for Cassandra you said she was short - tempered and a hothead so for her a Kukri and for your fling, he said with a chuckle, and double edged dagger in the style of the American Ka-bar knife how's that sound my friend?" he asked.