Chapter 5

The next day...

Aleksandra moves her brush in her dark hair, staring into the bathroom mirror. Today she has to give Nikki an answer. Is she going to London with him or not?

She was thinking about this question all day long. Last night, at a very late hour when she was lying in bed with her eyes on the ceiling, she made a decision. She will tell Nikki today. Until then... She's getting ready to meet him at a place they've met before.

Finishing combing her hair, she leaves the bathroom. In her bedroom, she takes her purse from the bed, puts it on her shoulder and walk out the room, arriving in the hall, putting on her shoes and leaving her apartment.

Outside, she gets in her car and drives to the place where she is expected. After a journey of about 10 minutes, she presses the brake and stop the car in front of a cafe.

She's staring because she knows Nikki is waiting for her there. She takes a deep breath, gaining courage and she gets out of the car.

The brunette goes inside and soon sees Nikki at a table, his gaze focused on her right away. On his face a faint smile appears, that makes her tremble.

She smiles back at him and takes steps toward him.

"You look so tense," Nikki says in a slightly hoarse voice.

"The truth is, I'm a little nervous," she smiles anxiously.

"You don't have to be nervous, Alex," he smiles at her.

But how can she not feel like that? How can she not shivers when he says her nickname? Her cheeks turn pink just like her lips.

"Are we order something or-",  Nikki doesn't finish what he has to say that his cell phone rings. "I'm sorry, I have to answer," he says, looking down at who's calling and he picks up the cell phone and puts it to his ear.

Aleksandra nods understandingly and pretends not to be interested in the conversation.

But he is there in front of her and she hears everything.

Is his fiancée? No. This time his face is so bright and he smiles profoundly. She doesn't think Nikki is talking to Katherine. Then who is it? The brunette can't get these thoughts out of her mind.

But it's so nice to see him smile. He has such a beautiful smile. Has anyone ever told him? What a stupid question. Of course he would have been told that! Often! He's a rock star after all!

The sound of his voice awakens her thoughts:

"Sorry, I really had to answer," he says, and leaves the cell phone on the table.

"It's okay," she smiles.

"It was my youngest daughter, Frankie," and a smile appears instantly on his face.

"Aw, how cute," Aleksandra smiles too. "I think she misses you so much."

"That's right. She and the rest of her siblings. My other children are older and she is the youngest and she is the most attached to me."

"I think she can't wait for you to come back."

"That's right. Would you like to have children in the near future?"

"Oh," Aleksandra blushes at the unexpected question. "I always wanted to have my family. To be honest, my mother always nagging me to get married and having children," she laughs accompanied by Nikki. "My mother nags even my brother Viktor. I think one day he or I will fulfill her wish."

"You know it's so nice to see how close you are with your brother. I'm almost jealous that I haven't had such a bond."

"Don't you have siblings?" She smiles softly at him.