Chapter 30

After five months...

"There they are!" Aleksandra says enthusiastically.

She and Nikki are at the airport, waiting for her mother and brother.

Georgi and Viktor walk down the corridor slightly confused when they see Aleksandra and Nikki waving at them.

The two quickly walk towards him, pulling their luggages.

"Alex! Nikki! It's so good to see you!" Georgi hugs them in turn, followed by Viktor.

Georgi puts her hand on his daughter's belly.

Aleksandra is full term now, having 38 weeks of pregnancy. She could give birth at any time. But the baby might want to wait until week 40.

"Your belly looks bigger in reality than in the pictures," Georgi smiles to her daughter. "You will have a healthy and big baby."

"Let's hope so," Aleksandra smiles. "And let's hope that I will be giving birth soon. I can barely walk, not to mention that I look like a duck when I walk. And my back hurts a lot. I can't even sleep at night."

Aleksandra feels a hand on her back, and turns her head, knowing it's her husband and it's actually Nikki smiling warmly at her.

He understands how difficult it can be for his wife. It seems that Aleksandra carries a rather large baby, which makes her pregnancy a little difficult.

Soon they get into the car that Nikki is driving and arrive at their home in Los Angeles. There, Georgi and Viktor are warmly received.

Aleksandra's mother and brother are outside, by the pool, where they all relax on deck chairs as the weather is warm.

"It seems nice to live here," says Georgi to her daughter.

"It really is," Aleksandra smiles, putting some sunglasses on.

"Are you already integrated this country? You know... A new country. New people... New culture..."

"I'm already getting used to it," smiles the brunette subtly.

"Where did Nikki go?" Viktor asks her.

"Oh, he went to get Frankie. You know, she wants to meet you."

"Really?" Georgi smiles.

"Yes. She always tells Nikki and I that she wants to meet you."

The three enter the house, more precisely in the kitchen where Georgi suggest to her daughter:

"How about you sit down and I cook something for you? Something you like."

"That would be a wonderful idea," confirms Alekdandra and intends to sit down on a stool, but instantly stops with her hands on her tummy.

She feels like she's peeing. She looks down and a watery liquid flows from under her dress and drips onto the floor.

Her mother and brother look at her in shock.

"Alex?" Viktor asks her worriedly. "What happened?"

"Her water broke," says Georgi, approaching her daughter, much calmer than her son. "Are you having contractions my dear?" She asks her daughter, with a hand on her shoulder.

"No..." Aleksandra answers in shock, looking at the liquid on the floor.

"It is possible that the contractions will start from now on," Georgi speaks calmly.

"Mom! What are we waiting for? Let's take her to the hospital right now!"

"Calm down Viktor!" His mother scolds him. "I went through this twice when I had you and your sister. You are like your father when I gave birth to you," the woman rolls her eyes but smiles softly. "We will take her to the hospital, but first we have to tell Nikki what happened."