Chapter 19

The next morning...

Laughters can be heard in the hallway coming closer and closer.
Georgi, Ivan and Viktor are in the living room, drinking coffee and watch Nikki and Aleksandra enter, looking so cheerfully , still holding hands.

"Good morning!" They both say.

For the first time, Aleksandra's mother's harsh expression changes to a softer one. She smiles weakly at the look of her daughter so happy. God! That man really makes her happy. And from what she notices, Aleksandra also makes him happy.

The couple joins them, sitting at the table and talking.

"Did you sleep well?" Ivan asks smiling.

Aleksandra looks at Nikki, her face slightly red. Suddenly she remembers their previous passionate evening. Nikki probably realizes what she's thinking because there's a certain twinkle in his eye and he smiles crookedly.

Aleksandra wonders if her parents and brother heard anything last night. She tried to be quiet with Nikki. What if there was a small noise but loud enough for them to hear? But looking at the expressions on their faces, it's seems just a normal question.

"We slept well," Nikki answers because Aleksandra is blocked.

"I have one more week until I go to the hospital again," says Ivan. "What would it be like to visit the city these days?"

"Nikki and Alex have already visited the city last time Nikki was here," says Viktor with a smirk on his face.

"But I didn't have time for Alex to show me all the places," Nikki says calmly and takes Aleksandra's hand.

"Then it's just perfect," says Georgi, her face getting softer. "It's a big city. There are many places to visit."

"Dad, are you sure is okay to go to the city for so long?" Aleksandra asks her father, looking worried.

"Don't worry, Alex. I'm better than you, your mother and your brother think."

Everyone smile. Ivan's optimism is to be appreciated. Despite his serious illness, he wants to see his family happy.

"After that," says Nikki, capturing everyone's attention, especially his girlfriend, "Alex could come on vacation with me in Los Angeles."

"What the?" The brunette jumps, looking at him in surprise.

"Wow," says Georgi is looking at her husband and son who are just as amazed. "Well... I think she'd like it there."

"What do you say?" Nikki looks at Aleksandra smiling lovely. "Would you like to come? You could apply for Visa right now and it will be accepted when I have to leave. But you will come with me, of course."

"Well," Aleksandra is looking at her family who are smiling deeply at her and her blue eyes are returning to Nikki, "that would be wonderful! I would like to go with you!"

"Perfect!" Nikki exclaims and kisses her on the cheek. "I can't wait for you to come with me!"

Her whole family is so happy to see how much Nikki seems to care about Aleksandra. They look so perfect together... It's like they're made for each other.

***

Nikki and Aleksandra are alone in their room again, lying on the bed and hugging.

"You were very sure I would accept your invitation," Aleksandra says, raising her head to him.

"You would have said no?" Nikki looks at her grinning.

"Of course not," she chuckles, resting her head on his shoulder as he pulls her closer to him. "I can't wait to get there with you," she says with a dreamy look. "I can't wait to meet your children too. To spend the Christmas together."

"Is that so?" He looks curiously at his girlfriend

"Yes," she smiles broadly. "Do they live with you?"

"No. The three eldest kids live with their mother and the youngest lives also with her mother."

"But I guess you spend time with them you quite often, right?"

"Unfortunately, not often," there is a sharp sadness in his voice. "Because of the little free time I have, it's a bit hard for me to spend time with them."

"But I think you're trying hard to do that, aren't you?" Aleksandra looks up at him, at which point he looks too.

"Yes. I try," he smiles at her and puts a hand on her chin, which he gently caresses.

"What kind of desserts do your children like?" The brunette asks.

"Any kind of dessert," he jokes. "But... I'm surprised you seem so involved. You haven't even seen them."

"They are your children. They have your blood. How could I not already adore them even though I haven't met them yet?"

Her words do nothing but makes him feel tremors and emotions.

He carefully lifts her chin, their eyes, making contact and kisses her lips softly.

"Then I can't wait for you to meet them," he whispers sweetly, staring deep into her trembling eyes. "Gosh... You make me want more kids just by looking at you."

"Really?" She giggles.

"Yes," he admits, smiling. "My kids are big now. Frankie will be 10 in a few months. The rest of them are already teenagers. Kids grow up so fast, you know? I miss the moments when they are so small and they cling to you with their sticky hands."

"I don't know what it's like," she smiles sincerely. "But I always wanted to have children. Would you like one or more?"

"The more there are, the better," Nikki smiles and kisses her on the neck, making her laugh.

After a month... Sheremetyevo Airport Moscow...

Aleksandra had to wait a month until her Visa was approved to travel to Los Angeles with Nikki. Today, the two are at the airport going on their long flight to Los Angeles. Her parents brought them there and look at their daughter and Nikki how happy and fulfilled they are. And they hope that their relationship will always be like this.

A/N

I'm sorry for the late chapter, but I haven't felt well lately. Fortunately, I'm better now.