Chapter 8

After a few days...

After so many days of visiting several places, Nikki and Aleksandra arrive at their last place to visit. St. Paul's Cathedral.

Here they both take various pictures outside the cathedral.

She stops photographing, leaving her camera behind and walks forward, looking at some old oaks.

Nikki follows her, setting the camera aside for a moment. His emerald eyes glow as Aleksandra turns to look at him, smiling softly at him.

The wind begins to blow through her dark hair and he doesn't waste another moment and grabs the camera, moving it towards her face and quickly takes a picture of the brunette, a few strands of hair coming on her blushing face.

He is still looking at her, lowering the device and taking steps towards her.

Her heart beats fast with every step he takes.

"The last picture is the most successful today," he says subtly, practically staring into her eyes, so close to her now that they almost touch.

"Do you think?" She gives him a shy smile and puts a hand in her wind-ruffled hair.

"It's definitely perfect."

Aleksandra feels the earth slipping from under her feet and time seems to stop.

Nikki devours her with his eyes. She gets lost in his bright eyes and doesn't care that they are in such a public place.

She wants to feel close to him and it seems that he wants the same thing because he gets even closer to her.

Her breathing is cut off and her pupils dilate. But this feeling of euphoria goes away immediately because they are interrupted by some noises and something small passing by their feet.

Surprised, they look down and see a toddler about one and a half years old clinging to Aleksandra's legs.

In the distance is the worried voice of a man:

"Thomas! Come here!"

"Mama!" The boy shouts, clinging to the brunette's legs and smiling broadly.

Confused, Aleksandra looks up at Nikki who has the same blurred expression on his face.

They both watch as a man ran toward them. He looks like the little boy next to them. Most probably is his father.

"I'm so sorry," says the man who bends down and takes the toddler in his arms. "You look a lot like his mother," the stranger smiles at Aleksandra. "He confused you with her."

Aleksandra gives him a heartfelt smile and looks lovingly at the little boy who thought she was his mother. How funny!

The man leaves and Aleksandra looks after the two and hears a giggle. She turns and sees Nikki laughing and saying:

"You really would be a good mother. The proof is that little boy."

"He just confused me with his mother," the embarrassed brunette smiles, rubbing her elbow.