Chapter 24

After a few months... Los Angeles...

Aleksandra is walking down the corridor, after taking her hold luggage and exiting the arrivals area.

Her boyfriend and his child are already waiting in front of her.

Only Frankie is with Nikki today. The older children are with their mother. They will appear in a few days.

Frankie squeals with thrill at the sight of Aleksandra and runs towards her with her hands raised in the air.

"Alex!" She cries and throws herself into the woman's arms.

Aleksandra barely has time to let go of the luggage handle before the girl lands in her arms.

"Hey, honey," she strokes her hair.

Nikki smiles and walks towards them, his gaze is moving after a few moments to his girlfriend's face.

"You always hug Alex before me," Nikki scolds her daughter gently.

"Sorry," Frankie simply says, looking at her father with her arms around Alex and gets off her.

Nikki takes Aleksandra's luggage and gives her a short kiss on the lips, their bodies touching.

"Oh, come on. You have time for that later," the little girl rolls her eyes.
"Now we have to get home!"

"Frankie!" Nikki raises his voice. "Alex and I haven't seen each other for a long time. It's not nice to say that."

The little girl lowers her lower lip and looks humbly at her father and then at Alex, expecting a defensive from her.

"I'm sorry, honey," Aleksandra shrugs and smiles subtly. "Your father is right."

"Sorry," says the little girl in a low voice.

"Anyway, what's the rush?" The brunette asks, looking in turn at the girl and then at her father.

"Daddy told me about the event!" Frankie jumps up and claps her hands, joy getting into her blood. "You have to see something at home! A surprise for you!"

"Oh, really?" Aleksandra gives each of them a puzzled look. "What kind of surprise?"

"You'll see," Nikki adds and takes her hand and the three of them walk towards the airport exit.

In the car, Frankie asks Aleksandra about her father. A question that arouses strong emotions in the woman. Ivan is a little better. But it does not guarantee 100% that he will defeat the cancer.

It is the beginning of spring now. About half a year since he struggles to overcome the disease.

Aleksandra hopes with all her heart that soon she will tell everyone that her father is fine. That all the bad things have passed and he is healthy. She really hoped so. However, she does not know if there are high chances of this happening.

Arriving at Nikki's house, Frankie takes her to her father's bedroom. Nikki follows them.

On the bed, there is a red velvet dress with long sleeves.

Aleksandra looks at it in amazement.

"Do you like it?" Frankie asks her with bright eyes.

"Yes..." The brunette smiles and puts her hand on the dress. "It's so beautiful and... Soft."

"It's velvet! That's why it's so soft!" The little girl giggles. "I chose it! For you to dress up with it tonight when you go out with daddy!"

"Oh, really?" Aleksandra is taken by surprise and puts a hand to her mouth and turns her head towards Nikki, who lays a hand on her shoulder and kisses her cheek.