Chapter 17

After a month... Moscow Russia...

Aleksandra is just coming out of the building where she works. She finished her shift a little earlier than usual and now she heads for her car. She has the mobile phone in her hand, which she carries with enthusiasm in her ear, because Nikki calls her and wants to hear her voice.

At him is morning now and he just woke up because as Aleksandra received a message from him a few minutes ago.

Aleksandra: "Good morning, babe! What are you doing?"

Nikki: "I am not that bad..."

Aleksandra: "Oh, I don't like how it sounds," the brunette frowns, a scattering of worry entering her mind. "Did something happen?"

Nikki: "No... But yesterday it was just a stressful day," there is a sigh.

Aleksandra: "Oh, I'm so sorry... I'd like to do something..."

Nikki: "All you could do is to be close to me now, baby."

Aleksandra: "I would love that too," brunette smiles.

Nikki: "You know... I could come to Moscow again next month..."

Aleksandra: "Oh, could you?" The young woman is taken by surprise by his remark.

Nikki: "Yes. We could spend more time together... You know... I miss you so much."

Aleksandra: "I miss you too," Aleksandra smiles sadly and reaches her car, opening the door and sitting on the seat, slamming the door behind her.

Nikki: "Maybe after that... Next time you could come here to Los Angeles."

Alexandra: "Me? There?" She laughs nervously.

Nikki: "Yes! Why not? I already have a lot of places in mind to visit with you, baby. I would also like the kids to see you."

Aleksandra: "Your kids?" Her black pupils enlarge and her throat dries.

Nikki: "Yes, babe. I would really like for them to meet you. Wouldn't you like to see them?"

Alexandra: "Oh, yes! I would love that! It's just... I don't know... You took me by surprise," she chuckles. "Did you tell them... Did you tell them about me?"

Nikki: "Not yet... They're still asking me about Katherine. You know... it hasn't been long since we broke up. It's still normal for them to ask about her."

A sad thought suddenly pierces the brunette's mind. Katherine. It's about her again. She is a closed chapter for Nikki but Aleksandra for some unfounded reason considers it a threat to their relationship. Although Katherine didn't get in touch with her, to argue or something like that.

Nikki: "Babe? Are you still there?"

Aleksandra: "Oh, yes!" Her cell phone is buzzing and she sees that it is an incoming call. It's her mother. "Oh, babe... My mom calls me... I have to answer."

Nikki: "Okay, babe. Talk to you later. Love you."

Aleksandra: "Love you too," she smiles gently and answers to her mother. "Hello? Mom?"

Giorgi: "Alex! What are you doing? Your finished work?"

Aleksandra: "Yes..." The brunette tenses because she hears suspicion and concern in her mother's voice. "Did something happen?"

The brunette knows that her parents went to her apartment today. Tomorrow her father will be hospitalized again for a new chemotherapy session. She wonders if something happened to her apartment.