Chapter 29

After two months...

Aleksandra rubs her tummy, which is getting rounder every day.

She's four months pregnant, and she and Nikki found out the gender of the baby today.

Her husband is next to her, both at the edge of the table, looking at the children who are spending time together.

Next to her is a cake in several colors of icing with patterns of bunnies and bears on it.

"I'm dying of curiosity to find out what this baby is," admits Storm who is next to them.

Her younger sister Frankie is next to her, mesmerized by the cake.

"But how do we know if it's a boy or a girl?" Gunner asks.

Aleksandra and Nikki look at each other smiling intensely and she answers:

"Inside is the cream that determines the gender. It could be the strawberry cream for the pink color--"

"That would mean it's a girl!" Frankie jumps up, getting excited.

"Or it could be blueberry cream," Nikki finishes. For a boy."

"I want to find out now!" Frankie demands with her eyes on the cake.

"It seems that someone is running out of patience," Aleksandra giggles.

"Frankie can't wait since she found out she's going to have a sister," Deker jokes and everyone laughs.

"We will find out immediately what gender the baby is," Aleksandra says and grabs her mobile phone and calls her mother on FaceTime.

And her brother, Viktor is there with Georgi.

"Hey, Alex!" Says her mother, waving her hand.

"Hey, mom! Hey Victor! I called you to find out live the gender of the baby."

"This is amazing! Oh, hello Nikki," Georgi says, seeing her son-in-law.

Nikki greets his mother-in-law and brother-in-law.

Aleksandra and Nikki both cut the cake and give the first slice to Frankie, who is the most impatient.

Everyone has a slice of cake on their plate.

"So what color is the cream?" Nikki asks Frankie.

The little girl eats several times from the slice and her eyes widen, her mouth widens, small pieces of the cake fall. She can't consider what she sees.

"It's pink!" She cries.

"This is wonderful!" Storm says. "We will have a sister."

Frankie stares at her father and stepmother. Her look is doubtful, and her eyes ask if it's really true.

Nikki and Aleksandra smile widely, looking at each other and after Aleksandra gives Frankie an answer:

"The baby is really a girl. Congratulations, Frankie. You will have another sister. As you wished."

"Yes!" The girl jumps with her hands up and runs towards them, hugging them. "I knew I would have a sister! I knew this!"

"You felt good," her father chuckles.

"Can I feel the baby?" Frankie asks, gesturing towards Aleksandra's tummy.

"Of course," the brunette answers, lowering her hands under her swollen tummy.

The girl smiles and puts her hands on Aleksandra's tummy, her face beaming with happiness.

"Oh, the baby kicks," Aleksandra giggles.

Frankie smiles widely, not taking her eyes off her tummy and then goes to her siblings, who are also excited by the news.

"Mom?" Aleksandra looks at Georgi on her mobile phone. "Are you still there?"

"Yes!" It's Georgi's emotional voice.

"Mom is just amazed by the news," replies Viktor who smiles. "Congratulations, Alex, Nikki."

"Thank you!" The couple answers in unison, looking at the screen as Georgi wipes away a tear, but smiles.

"I'm going to have a granddaughter," says the woman, almost bursting into tears. "How wonderful! I wish you all the best, my dears, and congratulations!"

"Thank you, they both answer."

"I can't wait to see you," adds Georgi.

"Us too," say both of them.

When the baby's due date approaches, Aleksandra's mother will come to Los Angeles to attend the birth of her granddaughter. Viktor will come too.

The idea was Nikki's, Aleksandra being a little surprised by his idea, but of course she was also delighted.

Nikki shared that he is sorry that she and her mother and her brother have to be so far from each other. And that the occasion of the birth of their child would be suitable for Georgi and Viktor to come here to visit for the first time.

Aleksandra then recalled how lucky she is to have Nikki as her husband. And also as a good friend and advisor.

The video call ends, the brunette lets down the mobile phone.

She immediately feels Nikki's lips on her cheek and his warm hands on her tummy.

"Your idea with the cake was wonderful," he whispers in her ear.

"Especially since you also helped," she smiles at him gently.

"Are you happy that you will have a daughter?" He asks her, his face becoming a little serious, but his gaze still loving.

"I am," she nods. "But I would have been just as happy with a son. Gender really doesn't matter."

"I think the same," he smiles. "Would you like to have another baby after this one is born?"

"What the?" She giggles. "Let this one be born first and then we will see."

"You know... It would be wonderful for our daughter to have a playmate close in age."

They both look off into the distance at Frankie chatting with her older siblings.

She would be the closest in age to the baby. But the girl is almost 10 years old. There is a significant age gap between her and the baby.

"I'm sure that Frankie will teach them to do all the pranks possible," laughs Aleksandra.

"I'm sure of that too," Nikki giggles and kisses her briefly on the lips.