Chapter 23

Moscow Russia...

Aleksandra enters her apartment slowly. She closes the door and lazily takes off the shoes. She heads for the living room where she throws herself on the couch, sighing for a long time.

The flight from Los Angeles to Moscow was long and tiring but she still went to the hospital to see her father. Her mother and her brother were also there. They were all very excited to see her. And Aleksandra was relieved to see that her father was feeling better, although one day ago he felt very bad. She was even able to have a clear discussion with him.

She would have wanted to stay in the hospital with her father, but her mother and brother told her that she should go home because she was tired from flying. As her dark huge circles bellow her eyes showed.

On the plane she slept very little, her head hitting the plane's window.

She was very worried about her father's health and was thinking about what was worse.

The cell phone rang. Aleksandra quickly takes it out of her handbag. She looks at the screen and smiles because the one who calls her is Nikki.

She immediately answers with a smile on her face:

Aleksandra: "Hey, babe."

Nikki: "Hey, my love. How are you? Is your father well?"

Aleksandra: "Now, yes... Fortunately, he's better."

Nikki: "I'm glad to hear that. He's probably feeling better because he felt like you were coming to him."

Aleksandra: "That was probably it," the brunette smiles sadly. "What is Frankie doing? I hope she has a wonderful day today as is her birthday."

Nikki: "Oh, yes. Frankie is celebrating with us now and has also called some of her classmates. Honestly... I think they're going to destroy the house."

Aleksandra chuckles and hears children's laughter and screams on the phone. She recognizes the little girl's voice shouting at her father:

Frankie: "You're talking to Alex?? I want to talk to her too!"

The young woman says nothing. She knows that Nikki will listen to his daughter without saying a sound. Aleksandra hears Frankie's small, happy voice.

Frankie: "Alex! How I miss you already!"

Aleksandra: "Hey darling. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful birthday today."

Frankie: "I really do!" Cries the girl. "It would have been even more wonderful if you were too!"

Aleksandra: "I'm sorry darling... I wish the same..."

Frankie: "I hope your father is well..."

Aleksandra: "He's fine. Do not worry."

Frankie: "Tell him that I hope he will not be sick anymore."

Aleksandra: "I will, darling. Now... It's time to go back to your party. Happy Birthday again!"

Frankie: "Thanks, Alex. We'll talk soon!" It's all that can be heard from the little girl so that after it is quiet for a few seconds and there are again laughing and screamings.

Nikki picks up the cell phone and says:

Nikki: "Hey, Alex. Are you still there?"

Alexandra: "Yes. I didn't leave," she jokes.

Nikki: "I know it's so spontaneous to tell you this... But I'd like to come to Moscow again in two or three months..."

Aleksandra: "I can't wait for you to come! I already miss you so much! It's like I left Los Angeles years ago."

Nikki: "I also miss you... You know... I was thinking of something else... Would you like when I come to visit Moscow to come with me again and to Los Angeles.. I would like... I would like to make our first public appearance together. I want everyone to know how much we love each other."

Aleksandra: "Public appearance?" The brunette raises her eyes and covers her mouth with her hand.

Nikki: "Yes, babe. There is a party where many celebrities will come... I will go there and I would like you to come there too."

Party. Celebrities. Information so hard for Aleksandra to digest. But she expected that. She's just dating a rock star after all. But still... She's so nervous about it. But also excited. She feels like a big dream coming true.

Aleksandra: "I would... I would like to go. Oh, God... I'd definitely like to go there with you, Nikki! I just hope... Until then, my father's health will improve."

Nikki: "You'll only come if he's okay, babe."

Aleksandra: "Then... Hopefully everything will be fine and I'll come with you to Los Angeles."

Nikki: "I hope so. I really hope so."

A/N

I'm sorry I posted so late. I don't know if you know, but here in the U.K. the weather was abnormally hot. It reminded me of the weather in my home country. And because of that I felt bad and I couldn't concentrate on writing anymore.