5: Episode.

Y/n's pov

Lucas and I were walking down a hallway, checking behind doors and in corners when static came through our radios.

"Guys... I found him." Will whispered.

"Where?" Dustin asked into his headset.

"In the bathroom by Mr. Salerno's." Will said quietly into the walkie.

"Copy that." Mike's voice came through.

"Hang on, Will, I'm On my way." Dustin said into his radio, as the two of us bolted to where Will was.

"Let's go. Down here!" Mike's voice echoed through the halls.

Lucas had grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as he sprinted down the halls.

"We're coming!" Lucas yelled.

"Where's Max?" I asked.

Just then, she came up behind Mike.

We shared a smile and Mike and Lucas marched into the bathroom, Max and I following behind the two boys.

"Where's Dart?" Mike asked.

"I don't know. He's not here." Dustin said.

"What do you mean he's not here?" I asked, my brows scrunched in confusion.

"He must have... escaped." Dustin offered suspiciously.

Mike checked the stalls but Dart was no where to be seen.

"You're sure he escaped?" Lucas asked, crossing his arms and looking at Dustin skeptically, while Mike went pale.

"Where's Will?" Mike asked, worry evident on his face.

——

Dustin, Lucas, Mike, Max and I all sprinted down the hall, splitting up in attempt to find Will.

I went with Lucas, Max went with Dustin and Mike went alone.

"Will, where are you?!" I called through the halls.

"Will?" Dustin yelled.

"Lucas! Y/n!" A female voice called from down the hall.

We both turned to be met with a frantic Mrs. Byers.

"Mrs. Byers?" Lucas and I asked in unison.

"What's going on? Where's Will?" She asked, obviously worried.

Almost as if on cue, Dustin came sprinting down the hallway to us, panting frantically.

"The field!" He shouted at us, sprinting back outside, as Lucas, Mrs. Byers and I ran after him.

Sure enough, Will was standing in the middle of the field, frozen to the spot.

Mike was at his side and had a hand on his shoulder, shaking him.

"I just found him like this! I think he's having another episode!" Mike explained as we all walked up to him.

Joyce walked right up to him and put her hands firmly on his shoulders.

"Will! Will! Will!" She pleaded.

We all stood there, concerned and worried for our friend.

"Sweetie, wake up! It's mom!" Mrs. Byers shouted.

"Will! Wake up! Will?" She said, shaking her son's shoulders.

Joyce stroked Will's cheek, desperately trying to get him back.

"Will, wake up! Can you hear me?" She said.

I grabbed on to Lucas's hand.

"Will, please, just wake up!" Mrs. Byers cried out.

Dustin looked at all of us fearfully, as we were all paralyzed with fear and worry.

Max looked extra scared and super worried. The look she gave Will had me wondering.

"It's mom! It's me!" Joyce yelled, shaking her son.

But Will never changed. His eyes remained closed and he continued to twitch violently.

"Will!" Mrs. Byers yelled, a bit softer, her throat strained from yelling.

All of a sudden Will's eyes ripped open and he began gasping for air, startling us all.

It was then that I realized that I had been gripping on to Lucas's hand so firmly, that I was probably hurting him.

I reluctantly let go, and we all stared at Will in shock.

——

The five of us stood on the steps outside of the school, watching as Mrs. Byers and Will drove away.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out. Did that not freak you guys out?" Max said.

"I don't blame you. I don't think his episodes have ever been this bad." I said.

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas sighed, crossing his arms.

"It's getting worse." Mike stated.

"You guys think it's true sight?" Dustin asked.

"What's true sight?" Max furrowed her brows.

We all looked to each other, Mike shaking his head lightly, indicating us to not tell her.

"It's nothing." Lucas said, his face turning into a smirk when he looked at me.

"You alright, y/n?" Lucas asked, a grin slapped across his face.

"Uh, yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, quirking and eyebrow.

"Well, you were gripping onto my hand pretty hard." Lucas raised his eyebrows with a smug look.

"Okay, alright. Shut up. Will just had an episode and this is what you want to talk about?" I said, my face growing hot.

"Alright..." Lucas said, looking at Dustin and exchanging a look with him as Max looked at me and smirked knowingly.

Word count: 771