9: Dig-Dug.

Y/n's pov

The next day, Lucas and I had decided our plan was to bribe Keith into setting a trap for Max using her favourite game; Dig-Dug.

"Okay, ready to commence the plan?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Lucas nodded. "Oh, wait!" He remembered, taking the binoculars off of his neck and placing them on mine.

I had been set as the designated look out while Lucas waited in the back room.

Holding the binoculars up to my face and standing in front of the front window, I spotted the fiery red head slamming her brother's car door and flipping him off as he sped away.

She pushed her way inside with her board clutched tightly under her arm.

She made her way through the crowded arcade to her favourite game, Dig-Dug, only to come to a halting stop when she saw the three words every arcade dwelling-kid despised.

"OUT OF ORDER."

A squeaky voice came from her right that made
me want to roll my eyes, even if he had helped with our plan.

"Sorry about that, Rogue Warrior."

She turned to see Keith as he always was; greasy and munching on a bag of chips. Today's choice was Cheetos, and I could see the orange dust staining his fingers.

"What happened?" She asked angrily.

Keith stepped forward and slapped his Cheeto-
dusted hand on the top of the machine.

"Short circuit in the motherboard. Real bummer
But fret not, I got another machine up and running in the back." He said.

Hesitantly, she followed Keith to the back.

He unlocked a door marked EMPLOYEES ONLY, and made her way inside.

I heard them talking, before Keith left and I sprinted my way to the closed door.

"Thanks Keith." I nodded to the older boy.

"You owe me." He pointed at me and I pointed back, opening the door.

"Listen, We're gonna tell you the truth about everything that happened last year, but if anyone
finds out, you could be arrested. Possibly killed." I heard Lucas say

Max scoffed, visibly taken aback by his severity.
"Killed?" She asked incredulously. "And 'we're' is there someone else here-"

"I'm serious. Do you accept the risk?"

Max threw her head back in exasperation and
huffed. "God, this is so stupid!"

"Hey guys." I stumbled into the smaller room, smiling awkwardly at the two.

Lucas looked at me, snickered and smiled.

"Do you accept the risk?" My face grew serious.

"Jeez, you too?" Max asked, but nodded when the two of us stared her down. "Yeah, sure, fine." She set her skateboard down.

"I accept the risk."

Lounging in a chair, arms crossed she looked at us expectantly. We had taken a seat across from her, knowing we were in for a rough ride with Our friends.

"Well, let's hear it. She said impatiently.

Lucas and I looked to each other simultaneously.

I nodded at him reassuringly, and he smiled back at me, taking a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

"Last year, Will didn't get lost in the woods." Lucas said.

"He got lost... somewhere else." I said.