4: Shopping.

Y/n's pov

The next morning, Max and I were outside. I was sitting on the curb watching her practise her new tricks when she stumbled, sending her board flying all the way to El.

Wait, El??

El stepped on the board so that it flew up to her hands effortlessly, and she looked pretty pissed.

Max stood up, looking her dead in the eyes and seeming a little scared.

I stood up and walked to stand beside Max as El walked over to us, skateboard in hand.

"Hi." She said to Max, handing her the skateboard.

"Hi?" Max asked.

El looked to her feet. "Can we talk?" She looked between the both of us.

——

I was sitting cross legged at the end of Max's bed ad El was sitting on the edge as Max paced her room.

"And then he said he- he missed me, and then he just, hung up." El said.

Max looked at her. "He's a piece of shit."

"What?" El asked.

"Mike doesn't have Jack shit to do today and Nana obviously isn't sick. I literally talked to her on the phone like two days ago." I stated, disappointed in my brother.

Max pointed at El. "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now."

"But, friends don't lie." El said naively.

"Yeah, we'll boyfriends lie. All the time." I stated.

Max sat down on the bed next to El, looking her straight in the eyes. "You're going to stop calling him. You're going to ignore his calls."

"As far as you're concerned." She turned to me as i spoke. "He doesn't exist." I shrugged.

"Doesn't exist?" She asked. "But- he's your brother."

"What brother? I don't have a brother." I said. "See? Just like That."

"He treated you like garbage!" Max exclaimed. "You're gonna treat him like garbage, give him a taste of his own medicine."

El nodded, hanging onto our every word. "Give him the medicine."

"Mm-hmm." Max nodded.

"And is he doesn't fix this, if he doesn't explain himself-" Max started.

"Dump his ass." We said together.

"Come on." Max and I stood up and grabbed her arms.

"Where are we going?" El asked worriedly.

"To have some fun!" I exclaimed.

"There's More to life than stupid boys, you know." Max said as we exited her room.

——

The three of us got off the bus at Starcourt, El marveling at the big building.

"So, what do you think?" Max asked excitedly.

"Hey what's wrong, El?" I noticed her dropped expression.

"Too many people." She glanced around nervously. "Against the rules." She turned to look at us.

"Seriously? You have superpowers! What's the worst that can happen?" Max said.

El nodded and a small smile started to take over her face.

The three of us grabbed hands and ran inside, once we got to the middle where the fountain was, El couldn't help but stare in awe at everything.

"So, what should we do first?" Max asked, looking at El expectantly.