1: Starcourt Mall. (Start of season 3)

Y/n's pov

I was currently pulling my high tops on and lacing them up.

After the snowball and the kiss, Lucas had asked me to be his girlfriend, and obviously I said yes, so here we are.

Dustin had been at science camp, Camp Knowhere, for around a month, and we were all starting to miss his bullshit.

El and Mike were now dating and after the snowball, nothing had really happened between Max and Dustin, the two opting to just stay friends.

Max and El became my two best friends who were girls and I hung out with them all the time. Separately, though, because they never really clicked.

All in good time.

But this year El's been pretty distant, mostly distracted with my brother and them sucking each other's faces off.

Mike's been different too, he spent most of his time with her, but never mind that.

I was putting on my shoes because I was getting ready to go to the new mall that had opened in Hawkins and I was meeting the party there, minus El and Dustin.

Starcourt had quickly become our favourite hang out spot once it opened, with all the neon signs and shops. It even had a food court.

A food court that Steve worked in.

You see, Steve had just recently gotten a job at this ice cream parlour called 'Scoops Ahoy.'
He worked there with a girl named Robin, who was around his age, maybe a year younger.

Robin was really cool, smart, witty and sarcastic. And I really liked her. Steve liked to pretend he was annoyed by her but I was sure he had a thing for her, even though I wasn't so sure she even liked guys.

The rest of the party and I often visited Steve at Scoops, sometimes to sneak into a movie, sometimes to get free ice cream.

"Bye mom!" I yelled to the kitchen, walking out the front door and getting on my bike.

"Bye, sweetie!" I heard her call before I shut the door.

I pedalled all the way to the mall in the dark.

It was finally summer, and I was going to enjoy every last bit of it with my friends and boyfriend. No Demogorgon or Mind flayer to get in my way.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Just normal teenagers having fun.

Hopefully.

"Hey guys!" I said, parking my bike in the bike stand out front of Starcourt Mall.

Everyone greeted me in some form and I hugged Max.

Everyone had changed drastically since the snowball, even I did.

The boys were now a heck of a lot taller than us girls. El's hair had grown out and all of our faces just looked, older.

I walked up to Lucas and placed a kiss on his cheek, earning fake gagging noises from the rest of the party.

"Hey! At least we're not like Mike and El." I said.

A disappointed chuckle escaped most of us, as we silently agreed.

"Hey, where is Michael anyways?" I asked, looking at my watch.

"Take a guess." Lucas retorted.

"Well, he better hurry up! Or we're gonna miss the previews." Max said matter-of-factly, checking her yellow Swatch Watch and letting out a frustrated huff.

"Forget the previews. We're gonna miss the opening at this rate." I said, rolling my eyes after checking my watch.

"Y/n's right." Lucas agreed.