6: Slumber Party.

Y/n's pov

Max's sock-covered feet bounced happily on the carpeted floor as Madonna's Angel blasted through the radio on the dresser. Max jumped back and forth on El's bedroom carpet, singing into the hairbrush she had found on the nightstand.

Beside her, sitting on the bed was the girl herself, sporting her new colorful look; engrossed in a selection of teen magazines that were splayed out before her.

"You must be an angel,"

El bobbed her head along with the tune, careful of my hand weaving through her hair from where I was kneeled behind her on the bed. She grinned up at Max before going back to her work, her lips moving as she silently sang along.

"I can see it in your eyes,"

I finished the last braid behind El's left ear, and tied it off with an elastic and a scrunchie, merging her hair into a ponytail at the nape of her neck.

After I tightened the bright blue scrunchie one last time, i muttered a defeated, "Alright. I tried," before I maneuvered around El across the mattress and allowed myself to fall back on the right side of the bed, my head propped up on the rows of pillows.

I grabbed a magazine, boredly sifting through it while El delicately felt around the back of her head with a smile, admiring my work.

"Full of wonder and surprise,"

El's attention quickly returned to the magazine in her hands when she flipped the page.

She turned it sideways to see the whole thing. A young man, who El guessed to be just a little older than Steve, was smiling back at her.

Max's singing and dancing came to a slow when she noticed El lingering on the page.

With a chuckle, she discarded the hairbrush from where she found it and kneeled beside the bed.

"Oh, you found Ralph Macchio," Max simpered.

"Macchio?" El asked with a smile.

"Yeah," I nodded. "he's the Karate Kid,"

El jumped when Max suddenly cut the air in a mock karate chop and yelled, "Hai-yah!"

The three of us giggle at Max's antics.

"He's so hot, right?" Max asked.

"The hottest." I chimed in, giggling as I watched El's face turn into a hot blush colour.

"I bet he's an amazing kisser, too," Max said. "Hey, uh,"

I looked to Max when I felt the old mattress dip a little under her weight.

She had a funny, almost intrigued look on her face.

"is Mike a good kisser?" She asked.

I let out an involuntarily "Blech!" At the question, discarding my magazine back to the pile with my nose scrunched up in disgust despite the smile still on my lips. "That's my brother!"

El laughed at me lightly shoving her knees that sat propped up above her as she shot me a smile.
"Not 'blech',"

I had to readjust my head on the pillows to gawk up at El properly, total bizarre amusement on my face.

"Wait, so is he like, actually..." I make another face, failing to get through the sentence with a straight face. I laughed a little, putting a mocking tone in my voice. "good' at kissing?"

El didn't answer right away, much too confused with the direction this conversation had gone. She blushed again, giving us a bashful shrug.

"I don't know. He's my first boyfriend,"