Chapter 4

Edited-

Niall's POV

I opened my eyes quickly and wiped the bead of sweat dripping down my forehead. I felt sticky and disgusting, my sheets stuff to my legs and I quickly threw everything on the floor.

I had a nightmare.

Well, not really a nightmare, I was happy in it, yet heartbroken at the same time.

I heard the door open and saw Harry run in my room with a frantic look on his face.

"Niall are you okay?" I chuckled and said "I'm fine, just a night scare..."

"What happened in it?" He asked. Oh god, if I told him he would make fun of me. Yes, I did have a dream about Dakota. But it was a terrible one.

"N-nothing happened, Harry." I stuttered out. I wish nothing had happened. He smirked "Having those Dakota dreams again, aye mate?"

I give up. He knew me too well.

God damn Harry!

He looked at me with a concerned face after I didn't respond for a while.

"Niall, you should really tell her. It's been like what? Two years?" He asked. Yeah, two years you pathetic bloke, two years!

Move on with it already, Niall!

"Yeah, I know. Believe me when I say this, mate. I want to tell her, I really want to... but I'm just-" Harry cut me off.

"Afraid of rejection." He finished. I nodded and sighed.

I can't do this anymore.

I just need to tell her.

"But how do I tell her, Haz?" I asked, tagging on the nickname we gave him years ago.

He stood there for a moment just thinking. Then he smiled, "It'll come to you, mate."

It'll come to me? When? I need to know now! This is so frustrating! She probably doesn't even have the same feelings for me! What do I do, just make a fool out of myself, admitting my feelings for her?

Harry got up, patted my back and left the room. I went under the covers and let out a frustrated sigh. My eyes closed soon enough, only thinking about one thing.

Dakota.

And I soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

Dakota's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache, turning to look at the clock.

3:28 AM

I've only slept for 5 hours? I decided upon taking out my phone and going on Twitter. Scrolled through my feed and smiled at some of the funny tweets. I was looking at all of my mentions, most from Directioners. Just knowing the boys gave me so many followers! I even get stopped on the street sometimes by their fans, just cause I know the lads!

Then one tweet caught my eye;

"I saw @Dakota_Kicks_6 and @NiallOfficial in a picture this morning! They are the cutest! #Nakota :)"

She attached a picture of me and Niall hugging. I was hugging him so tight and he had his head nuzzled into my neck. Just looking at the pictures gave me chills.

What if Niall did feel the same for me? I quickly pushed that thought away when I saw another tweet.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up. I wish they were together too but they're best friends. I ship #Nakota hard, but I feel like they disagree with us on it."