Chapter 30

Edited-

Niall's POV.

I awoke in a very uncomfortable plastic chair. Not knowing where I was, or how I got here I instantly panicked.
Taking in my surroundings, it seemed to be I was in... a waiting room?

Oh. It wasn't a dream. Shit.

I shot up, rifling my hands through my hair and ran to the front desk.
"Hello. What room number is Dakota Milne in?" I asked, the woman looked up at me, her eyes widening with shock.
Oh this is not the time.
She looked back down at her computer, still nervous by the shake of her hands, and typed something in. I tapped my fingers on the counter and she eyed me, seemed to be getting annoyed.

"Uh she's actually in surgery-" I cut her off, almost throwing up at the sound.

"Surgery?" I gulped, narrowing my eyes. I could feel the tears form again, but I fought against it, holding my guard. She looked at me in a stern face, "Sir, if you could please quite down. Now, you can go in her room with the three other guests, if you would like." She said. I nodded fast, the woman wrote down the room number on a piece of paper. I took it and ran down the hall to room 489B.

Once I reached the door I opened it up to find May cuddling with Louis on the window seat, sleeping. I heard someone get up and I found Rose to be approaching me. She had tear stains around the dark circles that lined her eyes, her hair also a mess.

In a matter of seconds, I was pulled into a hug, she must know how hard this is for me. The fucking love of my life is in surgery right now for a stupid accident of number twenty-two kicking her in the head.

It wasn't until Rose backed away, offering me tissues, that I noticed I was crying.

"Niall, I know you like her, everyone can see it. I can tell how hard it is for you to go through this, but don't put yourself down for all of this stuff." She said, I made my way over to the couch on the left side, sat down and let the tears pour down my face.
Why did this have to happen?

~

I was sitting in the same exact spot I was two hours ago, on the couch. I didn't bother taking out my phone or to do anything for that matter. Then I heard a knock on the door. I got up, but the door opened before I could let them in. Two nurses rolled in a gurney, It wasn't until I saw the blonde hair I started to freak out.
My feet just about ran over to the nurse, who was setting up a cord to the heart monitor and oxygen to her nose.

"Is she okay? Did anything go wrong? When will she wake up?" I bombarded the nurse with questions. She looked at me, then down sadly. Then mumbled, "I'll get the doctor." And walked out. What's that supposed to mean?
I went over to Dakota's frail body. Her skin looked weak, the eye that had been kicked has a white bandaged eyepatch, and she had a couple bruises on her neck. I kneeled down beside the bed then touched her hand and held it closely to mine. She seemed very cold, but not dead cold, just... cold. I heard the door open again, expecting to see the doctor, but Rose and Harry walked in.
Rose immediately rushed over to her side and held her other hand. Harry came over to me and rubbed my back. "It'll be alright, mate." He spoke, using his other hand to scratch his neck. What if it won't be alright? What if everything goes wrong?
No. No. No. Dakota is not going to die. Stop thinking the worst Niall.

"You must be Dakotas friends." A doctor said coming in. I nodded quickly and just about ran up to him, trying to take a peek at his clipboard.

"Ok well, good news and bad news." He said. No one responded. Why does there have to be bad news?

"Ok... well! Good news! We fixed her eye, she may need some glasses for awhile to get used to certain colors but other than that it's healing amazingly." He said.
Well that's good, I mean..her injury was brutal.
"But. There's also bad news. Dakota appears to be in a coma. The player kicked her head in a sensitive spot which was associated with the brain, and caused it to have great damage. Unfortunately, we don't know exactly when she will wake up." He said sighing.
What. Oh my god. A coma!? What the fuck, are you kidding me right now.
I just couldn't take any of this at the moment. I felt the tears stream down my face and got up, walked out of Dakotas hospital room slamming the door behind me.

Rose's POV.

A coma?! I can't believe this happened, Why Dakota, out of every other person, it just had to be my best friend? I heard the door slam and realized Niall stormed out of the room. The tears poured down my face and Harry pulled me in a hug

"Shhh shhhh, love. It's okay. She's going to be okay. Shhhh." Harry cooed softly. I hugged him harder- if that was possible- and cried into his shoulder. I probably look like a mess right now, but I don't give a shit.
My best friend is in a coma.

At the thought of best friend, I remembered I had to call May. She went home with Louis earlier so they could get some rest, she was here all night yesterday. She told me to ring her as soon as I heard any news on Dakota.

"Do you want me to call them?" Harry asked, as if he read my mind.
See, this is why I like Harry, he knows exactly what to do at the right times. I nodded and pulled away. Harry held my face and looked me in the eyes then wiped my tears away with his thumb. "It's all going to be okay, love." He spoke, kissing my forehead. His lean frame walked out of the room, taking his phone out of his pocket. I sniffed and walked over to the bench next to Dakota's bed. I took her hand in mine and sighed.

Right now I was frustrated by two things.

First, well of course Dakota. When will she wake up? God I hope soon, I can't spend too long with out her.

And second, Harry. Oh my god he's killing me. I don't know what we are. Like just back there, he kissed my forehead and held my face, him just doing that gets my hopes up too high. And at the end of the day, it seems like it really means nothing to him, well I guess yeah he's acting the way he should, but I just...I just want to be more. I want to be the one who sleeps next to him at night, the one who goes on the cheesy dates he plans, the one on the other line of the phone having the 'I Love You' fights, I just really want to be his. I've been trying to give him hints and all, but he's being blind and making those flirty comments that mean nothing more than 'we're just friends, what are you talking about.'

But most of all,

I just want Dakota Paige Milne back.

---A/N---

Hey guys

Ok so I just really want to thank the girl who promoted me and commented saying she loves my story. I really appreciate it.

AND OMG THIS IS CHAPTER 30!!! I CAN'T BELIVE IT!!!

Okay and I love you

So do these things

«VOTE»

«COMMENT»

^For seriousness babe, do that^

«READ MY STORY»

OKAY BYEEE I LOVE YOUUU

I ALREADY SAID THAT BUT WHAT EVER IDC

Bye

~JB