Chapter 42

*DAKOTA'S POV*

The ding of the oven timer rang through the kitchen, indicating that the brownies were ready. I quickly chopped the cucumber I was cutting, fast enough to get to the timer. But when I turned around I saw Niall already there.

"Dakota, you need to slow down. Just go upstairs and get ready, I got this." He whispered from behind me, massaging my shoulders. You see, tonight we're having the whole bunch over and I decided I would make a huge dinner. Well I'm regretting that decision at the moment due to all the stress.

I nodded and placed the knife down, along with the cucumber I was cutting. Niall turned my body around so I was facing him and pushed our foreheads together, slowly moving in closer. He captured my bottom lip with his and kissed me ever so softly. He released from the kiss and I frowned, and came close to my left ear.

"Go get ready babe" he whispered, after he placed a kiss under my earlobe. He moved away and went to the fridge, pulled out the lettuce and began washing it, like nothing ever happened. I huffed and stomped upstairs to my bathroom, and took a shower.

After the refreshing shower, I made my way to the closet and rummaged around the filled hangers to find what exactly I was going to wear tonight. I came across a faded American flag cutoff crop top, I remember when Katlin and I went shopping at Forever 21 in the US last year and I just fell in love with it. I pulled it off the rack and then searched for some pants. I found some light blue Hollister jeans and decided on matching them with my brown Steve Madden gladiator sandals.

Once I slipped my clothes on, I went to the bathroom and brushed my blonde hair though. I pulled a small piece back and clipped it with a white fabric bow.

I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen and saw Niall through the glass doors on the porch grilling the steaks. I smiled to myself admiring his back muscles through his white tee, I was interrupted from my gaze once I heard my phone go off. I quickly walked over to the table and saw the call was from Beau. So I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Beau!" His Australian accent filled my ears, I chuckled. "Well no shit Sherlock, I have caller ID" I said, picking up some crumbs left on the table. Ugh Niall never uses plates, like never.

"Well I was just wondering if you wanted to carpool to school tomorrow?" He asked me, very shyly might I add.

"Yeah sure, that would help a lot actually. I usually have to wake Niall, so I could let him sleep in tomorrow if you take me." I said. "Well actually, I don't have a car either. My friend is dropping me off, I just wanted to invite you to come with. Haha so I won't be driving." He said, confusingly, but I caught on to what he was saying. "So what time?" I asked. "8?" He said, I nodded but remembered he couldn't see me...oops. "Yeah sounds great, see you tomorrow!" I said hanging up.

"Who was that on the phone, and why are you seeing them tomorrow." Niall asked walking in the kitchen and getting out the steak sauce. Well why is he being so personal, jeez. "Uh it was Beau, we're gonna carpool to school tomorrow." I said. His head shot up and he turned around slowly, making so very serious eye contact.

"Beau is giving you a ride to school....?" He asked, his eyes changing to a darker color. Ok....

"Yeah, well kinda. His friend is driving us, so he's not driving but yeah.." I said walking over to him. "What's wrong, babe?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him. "Well...uh, I can give you a ride. I mean I do every day..." He said, looking down at me. "That's my point, I don't wanna wake you up so early." I said, pecking him softly on the lips and walking away. He sighed and closed the fridge, walking back outside.