Chapter 25

Edited-

Dakota's POV.

Exhaling deeply, I closed the front door and threw my bag on the couch. I was so sore! We had to do a physical test today, and our turf field had been taken for the evening so we went to one a little ways from our town. Overall I did pretty good, but I feel like I over worked myself.

"Hey, you wanna have a get together tonight? We could invite the lads, Rose, Danielle, and May?" Niall said walking in the kitchen, taking a seat on the kitchen stool. I nodded, but was a little confused.

"What about Eleanor?" I asked. Niall put on a sad expression and took a deep breath.

"Well uh, she cheated on Louis... her and this guy- you know, they... " He said, making the hand motion of pointing his finger and putting a circle through it.

Oh.

They did it.

"Are you serious?" I asked, he nodded. "Yeah, I had the same look! She doesn't seem like the kind of girl to cheat on someone." I nodded back, walking towards him and taking a grape, "Apparently it was right after we came to California, she stared cheating on him with this guy... I believe his name was Eric." He said putting a grape in his mouth.
I was still shocked, I feel so bad for Louis! How could this happen? He loved her so much! I decided I would talk to Louis later tonight.

"So, what are we gonna have?" I asked, changing the subject. I just couldn't think about this right now. "I'm going to make some chicken." He said, making me flinch.
Yes! Niall's chicken is THE best.
"Fuck yeah!" I cheered. He chuckled and told me he would call everyone while I get ready. I nodded and ran upstairs to my room, got my towel, and made my way to the bathroom.

After taking my shower, I felt refreshed and clean. I went into my closet and decided on a grey crop top. I then pulled out some light colored blue hollister jeans. After matching them with a brown belt, I was finished.
I ran downstairs and saw Niall cooking, but with a different t-shirt on as well as some dark jeans. He turned around and smiled.

"What you've been checking me out this whole time?" He asked with a smirk. I blushed and looked down. He laughed and I went next to him, smacked him, and helped with the carrots. Just then the door bell rang "I got it!" I said placing the knife back down on the cutting board. He nodded and I ran straight for the door. Opening the door I saw the lads, being normal selves as usual, but something caught my eye. Louis. For once in my whole life, Louis stood in front of me, quietly.
This was beyond foreign, he wasn't making a sound. His hands were in his pockets and he was looking down at a small pebble on the concrete. His face looked dull as he held a small frown upon his lips. I saw Zayn bump his shoulder and Louis looked up. His eyes, they looked strain. Like he hadn't slept for days.
"Hey Dakota." He mumbled giving me a weak smile, which then turned into a frown in a matter of seconds.
Oh god. I hope he's not depressed after all of this nonsense Eleanor put on him.

I let the lads in and we all headed towards the kitchen. Harry placed a pot on the stove, and turned then heat up below the burner. Soon after making conversation with Niall, Zayn helped with cutting the carrots. I noticed Liam looking at Louis. He was hunched over on the stool playing with his finger nails. I caught glance with Liam and gestured him to go into the living room. He nodded and I followed him over.

"This is terrible!" I whispered loudly, Liam only nodded.
"Yeah! We've tried everything to get him to smile or talk but nothing is working with him! We had to yell at him to take a shower!" He mimicked my loud whisper, almost spitting on my face. I resisted the urge to laugh and he looked down, taking a sip of his water. "I've never seen him like this, it's so weird not to hear any words coming out of him." Looking over to Louis, I took notice that he had been in the same exact position we left him. Liam sighed, "I just can't believe Eleanor, let alone Eric, did that to him."
I looked at him confused "Did Louis know Eric?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
"Yes," Liam scoffed. "Best friends. They went to grade school together. Then he came to visit Louis, Louis wasn't home seeing as he was with us in California, he saw Eleanor at Louis' house, then they- you know..." He said looking down at the hardwood floors. I widened my eyes.
Louis' best friend slept with his girlfriend.

"Dinner is almost ready!" I heard Harry yell from the kitchen. Liam and I made our way back and he helped set the table, while I went over to Louis to see if I could cheer him up a bit.
I sat down next to him, he looked up at me then back to the countertop.
"You want to talk about it?" I asked, placing a hand on his back. Without looking back at me, he nodded and got up from his chair. I followed him to the couch and he sat down.
"So about Eleanor-" I said but was cut off by Louis, "There's nothing much to say about her." He scoffed, still looking down. I nodded "Well, how did you... find out about it?" I asked. He sighed and sat up, leaning back on the couch.

"The day we came back, I went to Eleanor's house to see her. I was so happy I could at least... hold her again." I bit the inside of my cheek, already knowing that this would be a thousand times more depressing than I'd expected it to. "But when I went inside, she was really dressed up. She seemed surprised I was there. We sat on the couch for a while and talked about how everything was going, but what seemed to grab my attention was a pair of blue boxers sitting on the couch next to me. I asked who's the were and she told me she didn't know. I could easily tell she was lying." He took the pillow next to me, hugging it to his chest. "Then there was a knock on the door, Eleanor got up and answered it. I heard a male voice, I listened in on their conversation. I got up and went to the door to see my best friend, Eric. He was dressed up, holding flowers. His eyes widened when I walked over, but still said hello to me. I then realized- those were Eric's boxers- how could I be so stupid? Then I started yelling and what hurt the most was Eleanor was blaming me on this situation, saying I was to blame for her being lonely all the time. I used to fucking try to Skype, call, and even text her every night, but she would always say she had to go. Now I know where she had to go..." He finished, a small tear escaping his dull eyes. I frowned and pulled him into a hug.
"Louis you know it's not your fault, trust me. Eleanor made a stupid decision and could never be forgiven to what she did to you, but you need to go back to your normal self." I said. He gave me a confused look, "What do you mean?" He asked.
"Well you could at least smile, or tell your cheesey jokes for once." He cracked a small smile and nudged my shoulder. "Thanks Dakota, I will. But I just feel so... lonely now, you know?"
I nodded, understanding. Then it came to me. I remember when this same type of situation happened to May in our first year of high school. She could help him get through this situation like she did.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see May and Rose. Perfect. I took May's hand and put her on the couch next to Louis. I nodded but they gave me confused looks. I told May to tell Louis about her past and help him get through what she went through on her own. She agreed to help after much decline, then began telling Louis the story. I went to the kitchen and saw Harry flirting with Rose, she was twirling her hair around her finger.

Typical.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N

Heyyyyy what's up

So yeah I still don't know what to put here so yeah....

COMMENT

VOTE

BECOME A FAN

READDDD THE STORYYYY

OKA BYE

~JB