Chapter 35

*DAKOTA'S POV*

I sighed and readjusted my head on the hard hospital pillow, how long do I have to be here? I'm usually an outdoorsy person so this place is like a jail cell for me, not being able to do most things limits my imagination as well. I remember when back in grade school I barley passed History class with my imagination running all over the place. I used to daydream about Josh Hutcherson, just walking through the classroom door and asking where I was. I would usually just smile to myself at the thought of him and I at least being friends. But then my teacher Mrs. Halt had to disturb my imagination by throwing a question my way, and the worst part was I never had the answer. So I studied harder and went to bed earlier instead of staying up till 2:00 am watching YouTube videos of him. And by the end of that year, I got a 4.0. Because of that, I never really dream in my sleep anymore. Maybe like once every month, but that's about it.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when a nurse walked in. She looked around my age but was on the short side. She looked to be 5'4 at least, and I was that height in grade 6....I come from a tall family, right now I'm 5'8... I could of been taller but I cracked my growth plate when I was 15. She came closer and gave me a small smile, looking at my charts.

"Did they give you food to eat yet, Dakota?" She said in her American accent. I slightly nodded and noticed her beauty mark just under her nose. She looked down at her pager, in which was buzzing, and back up to me.

"You have visitors, I'll be right back" She said, walking out of the room. "Wait!" I stopped her. She turned around, "what's your name?" I asked. "Eva" she responded with a small smile. I returned it and she walked out. I groaned, once again I was alone. This sucks ass. I looked around the room and wondered who decorated it? Oh that was a stupid question, it was defiantly Rose. Duh Dakota.

Speaking of Rose, she ran in the room and gave me the biggest hug ever! Even though she saw me yesterday with my dad, Simon, and Caleb-who had to leave this morning- we still missed each other so much. She released from the hug and looked down at me. "Your scars are healing!" She said excitingly. She grabbed May's hand and ran over to her purse. May gave me a hug and I whispered "oh god what does she have planned now" she chuckled and looked over to her. "Don't worry, kota. It's gonna be fun." She said reassuringly. I smiled, gosh I love my friends.

After about an hour of watching Pitch Perfect and painting each others nails we just sat around and talked for awhile, you know catch up on things. "Yeah, Louis told me they had to record this new song, but he won't tell me what it is, or who wrote it even." May said. I nodded and looked to rose. "So, how are you and Harry?" I smirked. She smiled and looked down at her newly painted pink nails. "DID HE ASKED YOU?! OMG!" May asked/yelled shaking rose. "No he didn't, but it's-it's just complicated."she said unsure. My eyes went wide in shock, they couldn't be-no they wouldn't do that, well it is Harry and rose- plus I saw this movie and that's how they explained their relationship, oh god

"ARE YOU GUYS FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?!" I whisper yelled. She put on a shocked expression and started laughing. "Why would we do that?" She asked, May looked at her and smirked. "Oh so that 'Harry can you help me get the tv working?' Wasn't an act. Yeah I thought so" she said imitating rose and sticking out her butt. Rose smacked her behind and laughed, "it's just, he's really flirty. I mean, I can tell he feels the same way about me, but it seems as if he doesn't want to commit, so he thinks it's a wise decision to just...flirt with me? So we have this little game...it's kinda fun, yet frustrating at the same time." She spoke. Oh, that sounds like Harry. "Hey, what about you and Niall?" She said. Oh...

"erm what about us?" I said pulling my sheets up feeling a slight breeze. "Oh you know what I'm talking about, Milne." she said sternly with a hint of playfulness in her voice. I smiled. "well there's nothing really to talk about? I mean, we're friends atleast that's what he wants to be, I think" I said confused. They were just as confused as I was from the look on their expressions. "Oh come on, that Irish lad talked about you almost every day while you were here. He visited every single day for at least 7 hours just watching you." May said. "When you put it that way May, it sounds kinda creepy" Rose said, taking a handful of popcorn and munching it down quickly. "Well thats basically what he did! I'm just telling the truth here!" May said chuckling. I smiled at the thought of Niall waiting for me to wake up, but then was pushed back to reality when I heard an all too fimilar scream.