Chapter 23

Edited-

Dakota's POV

The sizzling sound if bacon in a frying pan woke me up the next morning. I must have slept on the couch last night, the last thing I remember is Josh Hutcherson saying, I don't want to forget, and Niall making fun of him and how Gale is much more of a man than Peeta.
I also remember smacking him after that.

I got up from the couch and made my way over to Niall. He was in sweatpants and a purple sweatshirt, along with some blue plaid slippers.
Boys in sweatpants. Hot.
Niall in sweatpants. Fuck.

I snuck up to the tray next to the stove, took a bacon strip and ran out of the room.

"Dakota!" He yelled, running in the living room behind me with a spatula in hand. I fell on the floor and broke down laughing.

"What's so funny?" He said chuckling. I just laughed and pointed at him.

"You're chasing me with a fucking spatula!" I said, banging my fist on the floor laughing uncontrollably. He just rolled his eyes and went back in the kitchen, mumbling how I was weird.

Once Niall yelled saying breakfast was ready, I made my way to the table. I sat down, immediately digging in.

"Niall! How the hell do you get syrup on your forehead?" I asked. He shrugged and pushed his plate forward, signaling he was done. I laughed and looked at him again. I took a napkin and told him to look at me. He did as he was told and I leaned, wiping the syrup off his face. I then took notice of how close we were, if I just leaned in a tad bit more... we would be kissing. I saw him look at my lips then back up to my eyes. I gulped and looked down to my feet.

"So-uh, w-what are we doing today?" I stuttered out, trying to make the situation less awkward.
Well that didn't work, Niall was in the same position I left him. He shook his head, furrowed his eyebrows, and looked down.

"Well uh, we could um...well we need some food, the-the fridge is empty so uh we could um-"
"Grocery Store, yeah?" I cut him off,fisting my hands together. He weakly smiled and nodded.

Oh god that was so awkward.

After finishing getting ready, I went downstairs to find Niall on his phone, keys in hand.

"Ready to go?" He asked, looking up from his phone. I nodded and he opened the front door, letting me go first.

Once we arrived at the grocery store, I jumped into the cart and Niall pushed me along, while I grabbed the things we needed from the shelves. It was actually quite a good strategy.
Just then, a cart crashed into ours.

"Owwww!" I yelped from the impact of the older woman's cart.

"Hey watch where you're- Holy crap." The fourteen year old looking girl pushing her mothers cart said.

"Come on, Cassie we need-" Her mom started, but was soon cut off my her daughter.

"Mother! Can't you see we just crashed our cart into Dakota Milne and Niall Horan!" She said looking at us wide eyed. I smiled a bit and turned to Niall who was starring down at me already. He chuckled a bit and looked back at the crazed fan.

"Dakota are you okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't see your cart and I was trying-" She rushed out, "No sweetie it's alright, it was Niall's fault." I cut her off. Niall glared at me, I smiled happily and looked back at the girl.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, I'm Dakota." I said, putting my hand out for her to shake. She smiled real wide and shook it. Niall signaled it was time to leave now, so he turned the cart and went into the frozen food section. We started to get the necessary items but soon we heard the girl calling after us.

"Sorry, but I just have one quick question!" She said running up to us.

"What's up, love?" I asked, she took a deep breath.

"Can you guys like please go out! You're killing everyone by just doing these kind of simple things!" She said. I gave her a confused look, not understanding what she meant by simple things. She took noticed and gestured to the cart.

"I mean look, you're sitting in the cart while Niall is pushing it, you might see this as a normal thing, but to us... it's the most cutest thing ever! Seriously... I can't even!" She explained. I raised my eyebrows.
"You what?" I asked, confused.
"What?"
"Can't even what?" Niall asked, just as confused as me.
"Just fangirl talk... but seriously, please just get married already!" She said, running back to her mum.
I let out a groan.
"Every. Single. Time." I said.
Niall nodded and leaned his head down on the cart. "I mean, really. Yesterday, when I picked you up from the airport, some fans asked what I was doing there, I told them I was picking you up and they just started yelling omg Nakota!" His voice went high as he imitated the fans, I laughed, "What is Nakota anyways? It sounds like a type of cough medicine!" He said, pushing the cart down the isle. I laughed, "Cough medicine?" I asked, chuckling. He smiled, "Whatever!"

"What, so you think Diall sounds better?" I asked humorously. He smiled "Well I mean, Liam and Dani get to use their last names, 'Payzer'. Why can't they do that for us?"
This is getting to far.

"We're not even a couple, why are we talking about this?" I laughed. Just as I said that, his smile faded and he looked down to his feet.
I frowned in confusion... what happened? We were just joking around and then I guess what I said effected him a little. Well it should effect me more, I mean I'm the one that has feelings for him for crying out loud!

This is just so confusing sometimes.

I Can't Even.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N

Okie dokie, another chappie done for the day! Wey hey! Okay soooo

Please:

COMMENT« you better do dat shit

VOTE« i need you to do dat shit

READ« well you kinda just did dat shit

BECOME A FAN« i like dat shit

lol or you can take a shit

Whichever you choose my love

Kay Kay

Byeeeeeee

~JB