Chapter 39

-continued from 38-

I stared blankly at the drunk Harry in front of me. I can't believe he would do this to my best friend and act like he did nothing. He really is stupid. But he loves Rose, and he needs to learn how to treat a girl properly.

"Harry. If you ever do that to Rose again, there will be consequences. Meaning I will punch you in the face so hard you won't be able to see Rose's beautiful face anymore." I spoke sternly. His eyes grew wide with fear as Niall chuckled after Harry gulped and slowly nodded. "Good" I said sweetly and got up. I went down the hall and got a blanket and 2 pillows.

Once I reached the living room again, I forcefully threw the bedding at him. He groaned and said thank you. Niall got up and followed me up the stairs and down the hall towards our bedrooms. We awkwardly stood there for a moment and my stare found his.

Why don't you tell him Dakota? My mind told me. It's great to know he feels the same way and all-it's just I can't handle somethings that would happen. I may even put our friendship at risk by just saying "I love you too Niall" or anything like that. But I just can't take it anymore, I need him to be mine. I want him. I want to be his.

I was caught off guard by my next move. I forcefully pushed him against the wall and crashed my lips to his. First he was shocked and not moving at all but soon I felt his hand caress my cheek and kiss me with passion. I love this feeling with him. But then I remembered, we aren't together and that I haven't told him I felt the same. I slowly pulled away and rested my forehead to his. The remembrance of the kiss lingered to my lips and he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"So what does this mean" he whispered. I sighed, loving the smell of his minty breath and opened my eyes to see his blue orbs starring into mine.

"I've kinda been lying to you....I've felt the same way for years, Niall." I said turning around and rubbing my forehead, feeling a stress headache coming on. He turned me back around to face him and pulled my body close to his. "Why did you lie to me, Kota?" He asked, taking a piece of hair and brushing it away from my face.

"I-I just-it's complicated Niall" I said leaning my head onto his shoulder sighing once again.

"You don't want to be with me, I get it. I'm sorry Dakota I should have-" I cut off his rambling and reassured him. "Niall don't say sorry it's not your fault. And I do want to be with you. Trust me I really do. I just don't know how everyone would react if we do, you know? And I don't want to put our friendship at stake." I said. He sighed and thought for a moment. "We don't...Have to tell anyone" he said. Well...that wouldn't actually be so bad. I mean, we would have to keep it quiet and everything, but at least we can try it?

"That's a good idea" I whispered softly, kissing him slowly. Our lips moved in sync and he grabbed my waist rubbing soft circles above my pajama pants. I teased him by pulling away, we just stood starring at each other. But not an awkward stare, a good one. "So what does this call us?" I asked curiously. He thought for a moment, placing a finger to his chin and playfully rubbing his "chin hair" that was nowhere to be found on his non-facial haired face. Hah, wow Niall you wish.

"You ever seen the film, Friends With Benefits?" He asked. My eyes went wide. If he's thinking the same one I am....oh god...

"The one with Justin Timberlake?" I asked rubbing my fingers through his bleached blonde hair. He nodded and smiled. "I mean, we don't have to do that sex and stuff... But like...if you want to...we could always-" I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my embarrassment from the...parts...in that movie. "Niall. Oh my gosh, ok. So what your saying is, we both know we like each other and we both want to be together, so if we secretly do this, or as you say it "friends with benefits" and not tell anyone....do you think we can do it? I mean it's gonna be hard, hiding from our friends and stuff. Your fans, the press might even find out" I said playing with the ends of my hair. "Babe. Trust me, we can do this." He whispered, leaning in and pressing our foreheads together.