Chapter 36

*DAKOTAS POV*

I stood in shock on my hospital bed, debating over how to react to what Niall had done last night on the roof top. But one question was on my mind. Why did he write a song for me? The lyrics were very.....meaningful, so if those were to connect to how he feels about me.....plus the kiss after....

Oh come on Dakota, your so stupid. Of course Niall doesn't feel that way about you, why would he? And why am I getting so worked up about the kiss, I mean seriously it was on the cheek. I felt my right cheek tingle and butterflies run through my stomach at the thought of it. Gosh why do I have to love him so much! I should be focusing on other things! Soccer, school, my living situations; when in the hell am I gonna get out of here anyway? I just wanna go back home, to Niall and I's house. Ugh life is so hard and confusing.

I need food.

I looked over to my nightstand and saw my iPhone 5 plugged into my charger. I picked it up and called someone. I forgot who I was gonna call, so I typed in a number off my heart. Oh shit I dialed Niall's number. I quickly tried ending the call, but he answered the phone just in time. Great. This won't be awkward.

"Hello?" Niall groaned, probably just woke up. I chewed in my lip, loving the sound of his morning voice.

"Hey, uh, I'm really hungry. Niall, bring me food." I said.

"Dakota they have food in a hospital.." Niall chuckled. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Your really gonna make me eat this crap." I whined. He laughed and I heard him get up from, what I'm guessing, his bed.

"Ok, I'm hungry too. I'll pick you up in 15. I can take you out of the hospital at 11:00 right?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute and squinted my eyes to see the chart on the wall ahead. I saw the times and read what it said to Niall on the line.

"If patient taken out of hospital, must be between the hours of 11:00 - 5:30."

"Ok I'll be there in 15." He said. I hung up and walked over to the duffle bag May brought me yesterday. See if I can do all of this myself, WHY AM I STILL HERE? I grabbed a simple outfit and walked in the bathroom to take a shower.

---SHE TAKES A SHOWER---

I pulled the cream colored leather jacket over me and slid on my black vans, taking one last look at my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a white and black faded Rolling Stones t-shirt with high waisted black shorts, my white leather jacket, and my black vans. I looked at the time and saw that I only had a few minutes to do my hair. I hurriedly ran into the bathroom and brushed out my blonde tangles. I braided the left part of my hair and clipped it in the back with a simple white bow, leaving my long blonde hair going to my belly button. Yeah, my hair is really long, I need to get a hair cut fast. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard a knock at the door.

"Dakota, you have a visitor!" The nurse yelled and slammed the door behind her. "Jesus Christ" I whispered, I heard a chuckle behind me and I instantly froze. I turned around and gave Niall a hug. "You ready?" He asked scanning me up and down. I nodded and he stuck his hands in his pockets as we awkwardly made our way out of the hospital.

Once we made it to the car, Niall opened the door for me. I put my seatbelt on and waited for Niall to start the car. I turned to look at him, seeing he was already looking at me.

"Did you like the song?" He asked. I looked into his eyes and saw he had plead and a hint of worry in them. "Did you write it for me?" I asked, he nodded slowly.

Oh.

OH MY GOSH. OH MY GOD DOES HE LIKE ME? OMG! OMG!

"Niall?" I asked quietly. "Hmm" he hummed in response.

"Do-do you erm...like or no- just do you-" I struggled to finish my sentence so he cut me off.

"Do I fancy you?" He said, not making eye contact turning the key and driving out of the parking lot. I said nothing and stared blankly at my nails.

"Well, yeah I actually do. I have for awhile Dakota" he said. I didn't move a muscle, I just sat there staring at the road we were driving on. He feels the same. Oh my gosh. But what if I tell him I fancy him too, that will effect out friendship majorly. And if I don't say anything, it would be awkward for a while. What do I do? What do I say? I felt Niall stare at me, waiting for a response. I took a deep breath and went with what my mind was telling me.

"Oh" I said softly. I can't risk our friendship for....for...love? I heard Niall sigh.

"Please don't let this effect our friendship, I don't want this to be awkward or anything. I mean Dakota you're still my best friend, so I just hope....you know" he rushed out. I chuckled, he looked to me with a confused face. "Niall it's ok, it's not a problem if you like me...I mean, I'd fancy me too if I was a guy. Look at me, I'm so hot" I said smiling as he chuckled. See this is what I love about our friendship, when things begin to get awkward, we just make a laugh out of it and we're best friends again. Maybe that's what Niall meant by that one lyric "As I feel myself fall, make a joke of it all"

•AT CHIPOTLE, YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. CHIPOTLE IS THE BEST.•

"What are you getting?" Niall asked as the line got shorter. "A bean and carnitas burrito." I said eyeing the meat hungrily. I love burritos so much, my dad used to think I was Mexican when I was younger. I always craved Mexican food, all the time. I took spanish in grade school, and realized it had nothing to do with eating Mexican food....but then if we passed the class we went on a trip to a really expensive Mexican restaurant. So it was worth it, plus now I'm fluent in spanish.

Once Niall and I finished ordering, we took our meals and sat down by a window seat. "So how's the hospital treating you, Kota?" He asked, taking a huge bite from his burrito. I smiled and was about to respond until a little teenager came over to us. She looked to be at least 15 0r 16.

"Hi N-Niall!! I love you!!" She said shakily. He smiled to her and waved then looked back to me. What is he doing, there's a fan right there and he's ignoring her....

"Can-Can I get an autograph" she asked again. To me she seemed like one of those girls who would be mean and snotty popular at school. Not to mention slutty seeing as she was wearing a tank top that was nearly covering her boobs. I guess she noticed my staring, she rolled her eyes at me and gave me a nasty look mumbling "Whore" under her breath. I looked down at my burrito and just let the little bitch get what she wanted.

"Hey, don't be so disrespectful to my friends ok? Now I'm gonna give you an autograph since I'm nice, but you don't deserve it. You just walked over here and disrupted our conversation and even gave Dakota a nasty look." He said sternly. The girl looked to Niall and back to me, I looked to him with wide eyes. I honestly didn't care she gave me that look or called me a name, I mean I shouldn't listen to what they say about me. Just why did Niall get so protective over this. She's just a little kid. She walked away after getting what she wanted and left Niall and I alone once again.

"Ni, why did you blow up at her like that?" I asked. He looked over to me with a sorrow look. "Dakota she called you something you're defiantly not, and I'm just supposed to act like nothing happened?" Niall was right, she just wanted to beat me up with words.

He was just standing up for me.

•••••••A/N•••••••

Hellooooo everyone

Hope you guys had a happy Mother's Day!

Mine was so boring, that's why I updated this. I was literally in the country club's bathroom updating this hiding from my realities. Oops.

Ok

COMMENT

VOTE

BECOME A FAN

R E A D !

bye love you!

~JB