Chapter 40

*DAKOTA'S POV*

I nervously tapped my pencil on the wooden desk. It's been a while since I'be been at my college...due to the accident. My doctor told me I could finally go back to school a few days ago, so here I am on a Monday taking a final exam. It was almost summer and I was so excited for it! Today is also my last soccer game this season and my coach made me take a physical so he could make sure I could play this playoff game. We're supposed to be playing Liverpool and they are at the top of the charts for our league. Gosh I can't wait for the game.

I finished the last question on my test and brought it up to the professors desk. She smiled sweetly at me and said there were only 10 minutes left in the period so I could just play on my phone or something. I walked back over to my desk, but I felt as if someone's stare was following me. Once I sat down I looked to the desk 2 rows ahead of me just to catch a guy staring in my direction. I smiled softly and he turned away quickly.

Wow Dakota way to scare the guys away, he wasn't too bad looking either. But wait Dakota, you have a boyfriend....or....a well..friend that likes you and you like him but you guys are going out but not exactly going out? Ugh, I sighed and pulled my phone out from my pocket. I finally got my iPhone 5 back and I missed it so much! Clicking the lock button, I noticed a green message bubble show up indicating I had a text. It was from Niall.

'Good luck on your exam today! xxNiall'

I looked at the time he sent it and noticed it was earlier but I probably never got the time to check it. I opened my message bubble and replied back.

'Just finished my test! Surprisingly easy, besides the fact my stomach has been growling nonstop. :('

Just on que, my stomach growled again. No one really took notice, besides the kid who was starring at me earlier. He smiled and turned back to his test. This isn't like high school where you know everyone on campus, so it was normal I didn't know his name. But he just looked so familiar. Maybe I've seen him around, but there are over half as many kids at Manchester than at my old private school back in Scotland. Plus he had a wicked tan, so he must be American. I was interrupted from my thoughts by the buzz of my phone.

'Chipotle sound good?' Niall texted. Yes oh my god, yes. Burritos are so bomb.

'Yes pleaseeee' I texted him, smiling at the sound of the bell ringing. Well now to the next class....for yet another exam.

I walked out of the class, holding my notebook while trying to text Niall. Soon I bumped into someone walking in the halls and my phone flew out of my hands to the ground along with my notebook. "God dammit if this shit is cracked I'm gonna sue" I whispered reaching for my phone.

I sighed inspecting the large crack at the top of the screen, now I have to get this stupid phone replacement yet again. I looked to the person who bumped me and glared at them. Until I saw who it was, that kid who stares at me in honors Bio. He smiled apologetically and said sorry under his breath.

"Well it's not a problem at all, just that my god damn phone cracked. Again." I hissed at the brown haired lad in front of me. He inspected the phone in his hand and looked to mine.

"Well, actually it's a problem when MY phone is cracked"he said taking the iPhone from my hand and replacing it with the one in his. Oh, that was his phone. Oops

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I rushed out apologetically. He smiled and stuck the phone in his pocket.

"No need to say sorry, I bumped into you." He spoke in his Australian accent I was just noticing now.

"Are you from Australia? That's so cool!" I said excitedly, I have always wanted to go to Australia. He nodded and fixed his hair.

"Yeah, well I'm Dakota" I said extending my hand for a friendly shake. He smiled and accepted. "Beau." He said. Wait... This cant be ...I looked to his foot. He was wearing flip flops and it perfectly showed his "bitch" tattoo. Holy shit.