Chapter 3: Lucky day

One of the things they didn't teach us in white snakes, was cooking

This morning I tried to make pancakes, but since I almost set the kitchen on fire, I threw away the dough and went back to what I could not possibly mess up. Toasts.

It's the only food I can make, without causing a fire. But for my defense, it's not my fault that no one taught me to cook properly. Guess I'm not much of a housewife.

"Why does it smell in here like something's burning?" I heard Luna behind me.

"I don't know what are you talking about." I smiled. "Do you fancy a toast?"

"I feel like I'm going to throw up, so no." She walked slowly to the table and sat down. I placed a glass of clear water and a pill for her head in front of her. "You're my angel."

"Like always." I laughed.

"What the hell happened yesterday?"

"You don't remember?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I remember Nyx." She said in disgust. "If my stomach was cooperating, I'd say something about her." Her hatred for Nyx was the sweetest thing in the world. 

"After she left, you threw up on the bar floor for the first time."

"First time? Did I vomited several times?" She looked at me in horror.

"I lost track after you vomited on someone's shoes."

"Oh my God." Her head fell into her palms. "What else did I do?"

"Let's see. You made me go buy chips as soon as we got to your apartment. You ate the whole package and then just ran to the bathroom." Ran is a strong word. "You threw up everything, and when i say everything, i mean everything. Then you spent another half hour on close to the toiler. Fortunately, you didn't aim at me, so I was fine. But as far as your bathroom, I'm not so sure." I laughed.

"Kill me now." She said, with her head in her hands. "Please."

"Come on." I smiled. "It looked like you needed it yesterday."

"A little, yes." She looked up at me. "Thank you for helping me yesterday and not letting me embarrass myself even more."

Should I tell her how she wanted to do striptease for all the guys at the bar?

No. Bad idea.

"God. I have to get out of this outfit."

"That's what you said last night." I mumbled under my nose.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." I smiled innocently. 

*****

"I have a feeling this mission isn't fully approved. Am I right?" I said as I tried to get out of handcuffs.

How did I even get here? Oh yes, I know. I was walking down the street to Luna's apartment, when Nyx and her bitches attacked me out of nowhere. That's just my luck. Could this day be even worse?