Chapter 55: Gone

Eleven months later

Eleven months later...

"I need you to stop moving." I looked at Lucy in the mirror. "Or you'll look like the first time."

"No!" She screamed. "Sorry, I'll be sitting now." She bit her lip.

"Lucy." I warned her. "What were we talking about?" I raised an eyebrow as I grabbed a hair tie from the bed I was sitting on and Lucy was sitting on the floor in front of it.

"No lip biting, I know." She exhaled heavily.

"Exactly." I laughed. "You're done." I kissed the top of her head and lifted her to her feet.

She immediately ran to the mirror and turned her head to see how her hair looked in two braids.

"Much better, dad." She jumped up to me and kissed me on the cheek. "Thank you." She smiled.

"Of course princess. Now let's go before we're late." I stood up from the bed and held out my hand for her to hold onto. That's what has been happening lately. She is growing too fast.

She stopped at the door to pet Odin and then we finally made it out of her room.

"Hey Uncle Kai!" She waved at my brother as we passed him while headed for the front door.

"And where are you two going?" He got up from the couch and walked over to us, placing his hand on Lucy's head and trying to ruffle her hair, which she didn't like.

"No Uncle Kai. You'll ruin my braids." She said with a laugh and pinched his hand.

That's something she's been really enjoying doing lately. I don't know why, and I don't even try to understand.

"We're going to see Collin." I explained to him and looked at my watch. "And we're already late, so we have to go. Come on, Lucy, let's go."

She waved to Kai and we started walking away from the house.

I put Lucy in the back seat and got into the car myself. I started up the engine and pulled out of the driveway. We headed straight into town, and in less than half an hour we were at Collin's door.

"Look who decided to show up." He bent down to Lucy and held out his hand to her and then they greeted each other with a secret handshake that featured Lucy jumping and spinning.

"She couldn't wait for you." I laughed.

"And what did you expect? Kids love me. Why don't you come in, Lucy?" He moved out of her way to let her pass and she quickly slipped past him. "Are you staying? Again?" He raised an eyebrow when he saw that I wanted to sit in the waiting room.

"Why not? I'm able to work from here."

"I'm aware of that, but you could still go to the office here in town. She'll be fine here. I'll call you when we're done."