Chapter 9: Odin

"I'm sorry for the delay Killian, it's nothing personal, I promise

"I'm sorry for the delay Killian, it's nothing personal, I promise." Out of breath, Simon walked into his office and sat across from me.

"That's fine."

"You wanted to talk about Abraham, didn't you? Is he causing any trouble?" He raised an eyebrow.

"He's sending people to kill me. Me and my family."

"Are you sure?" He leaned his elbows on the table and rested his head.

"Yes."

"So that's another problem we can add to the list." He let out a frustrated breath and folded the shape into his palms. "Why isn't life easier as you get older?" He mumbled.

"What do you mean that's another problem? How many do we have?" I frowned. Is there something I don't know about?

"More than my old heart can probably handle." He finally looked up at me. "We've got white snakes behind our ass. I don't know what they're doing here, but it's never a good sign. The only thing you try to avoid. On-ly."

"White snakes?" I frowned. "Simon, have you started taking drugs? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh god, has nothing stuck on you since you met me?" He rolled his eyes. "Remember when someone stole your laptop from under your nose a few years ago?"

You have got to be kidding me.

"That was a white snake. One in a thousand. If not more. One showed up here yesterday. She even had the highest level of tattoos. Those are the worst....."

I noticed that Simon was talking but I wasn't paying him any attention.

I know her from there. Eris is the little bitch that stole my laptop in LA years ago. That it didn't occur to me earlier. I knew I knew her from somewhere. I couldn't get those bright green eyes out of my head for a few weeks, how could I not remember them now?

"...and I'm not even going to start about their leadership."

"Eris." I interrupted him.

"What?" He looked at me like I was an idiot.

"The woman you saw yesterday. Long brown hair, leather jacket, sassy and had a woman in a white dress as an escort."

"How do you..."

"She's the one who stole my laptop. Also the one I hired yesterday to bring me Wagner. Shit." I feel like the biggest fool in the world.

"What have you gotten yourself into Killian?"

"If only I had known." I breathe heavily.

Life was so much easier until I had her in my life. Why didn't I just kill her when I had the chance?

 Why didn't I just kill her when I had the chance?