Chapter 32: Nashville

I can't believe it actually worked

I can't believe it actually worked. I was slightly surprised to see Luna and Lyssa walk out of the building with another woman they were holding.

But I didn't say it out loud.

I noticed that the other woman had some silver cloth wrapped around where Lyssa had the chip.

"It's blocking the signal from her chip." Lyssa said as she noticed my confused expression.

"Why not just cut it out?" Lyssa froze at my question.

"We might need it." Luna spoke.

In that case, it's good that the walls in the basement are thick enough to block every little signal.

"We should go, maybe she didn't come alone." Lyssa started walking with Luna to the car.

"I didn't see anyone here." I assured her.

"That's the point. They're not that easy to see. Let's get out of here."

They both loaded her into the car and we sat down without saying a word. I was in the passenger seat and Luna was driving.

In the mirror I noticed Lyssa, lost in her thoughts.

She is not the only one.

I didn't like this plan and I never will.

We locked the woman under my villa and Luna made sure she was properly tied up so she wouldn't escape.

I ran into Lyssa as she headed to her room. "Do you have a minute?" I stopped her.

"Yeah sure. What's up?" She looked a bit more tired again, but I could see she was trying to hide it. There is something different about her. And I don't know why, but I don't like it.

"How are you?"

"Fine." She shrugged. "We got Nyx. Now it's just about getting something out of her or using her as bait. Either way, it's the first step of many."

"If you are feeling well, I wanted to ask if you would like to go somewhere with me tomorrow." As soon as I finished I realized that it sounded like I was asking her out.

"Like a da..."

"No." I interrupted her. "That sounded wrong. I need to go to Nashville tomorrow for a meeting, and since I didn't have time to find another escort, I thought you would go."

"What type of meeting?" She frowned.

"It's not exactly a meeting, but I need to get a few people on my side, and what better way than with a woman by my side."

"Is it a formal event? Dresses and suits? Expensive jewelry and the overall stench of money?" She raised an eyebrow and I just nodded. "I don't like dresses."

"It's just for a few hours."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"I spent the whole day with you while I was supposed to find a suitable escort, you don't have much of a choice." That's a lie. I have numbers in my cell phone for such occasions. Not that I would ever use them.