Chapter 42: Atlanta🔥

When Killian and I got to the door, Nyx was standing in it and in front of her was Luna, who had her arms crossed over her chest and was looking at her with a murderous look

"Finally someone normal." Nyx said as she noticed us.

I noticed Luna was about to run after her, but I grabbed her arm before she could do something stupid.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Can we talk in private?"

"No way."

"Luna." I warned her. "It's okay. Let's go to the study." I nodded my head towards the door on my right and Nyx started walking towards it. "Make sure Luna doesn't do something stupid." I whispered as I walked past Killian.

"Be careful." He grabbed my hand.

"Of course." I smiled and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, which neither he nor I expected.

I quickly came to my senses and followed Nyx. She was already standing in the middle of the study and looking around the room.

"So why are you here?" I walked past her and leaned my butt against the table.

"I was in Atlanta." She said as if that should tell me something. "Oh, you don't know." She noticed my confused expression. "There is a building of New life."

New life is the first step to white snakes. There are thousands of these buildings around the world. I was in one in California. Each new candidate is faced with a series of tests. Health, physical and overall whether they would be able to survive in white snakes.

It was the first place Charles took me. They took my blood, erased my identity and ran a bunch of tests.

"I didn't know there was one in Atlanta."

Most of the buildings are hidden and we don't have access to their locations. It's for safety.

"I was there when I was a kid, so I know where it is. But that's not the point." She exhaled heavily. "While I was there, a van pulled up to the entrance and four girls got out."

"Where are you going with this?" I'm not in the mood to hear about more girls having their lives ruined because I haven't stopped the management yet.

"One of them couldn't have been more than five, Eris. She was scared to death." I froze at her words and looked away.

A five-year-old girl. It's sick.

"I want to blow up that building." I looked up at her.

"What?" I frowned.

"After we get the kids out." She rolled her eyes. "Think a little. I want to send a message to management." A smile began to form on my face.

"Message? That sounds like mutiny. It's not something you can go back from. The management will come after you."