Chapter 62: Déjà vu

"You shocked her

"You shocked her." I acknowledged.

"Well there wasn't a baseball bat so I had to. You didn't do anything." Luna spoke. "She will be okay." She defended herself. "She'll wake up in a few hours."

"In a few hours?" I blurred out.

"Don't blame me. Nyx got those from someone. I'm not to blame for how strong they are." She shrugged.

"You shouldn't have done that."

"Oh come on." She snorted. "One, it helped her. Two, we'd use it on her one way or another, you know that. At least now we know how big of an effect they have."

"Luna." I said her name in a warning voice.

"Okay, I'm quiet now." She raised her hands in a defensive gesture. "But if I can say one more thing, she shouldn't be here." She looked around the room that had once belonged to Val. "She's got a lot of stuff here that she could kill us with."

"She'll kill us with her bare hands if she wants to, don't you think?"

"Huh, you're right." She looked thoughtfully at Lyssa, on the bed. "I'm going to reprogram those bracelets so she can't leave the room without our permission. I'll see you later." She turned and left.

I walked a little closer to the bed and pulled a chair from the table to it. I sat up and looked at Lyssa.

She was so calm.

Her chest rose slowly and regularly. But my gaze stopped at her hand.

Is it possible that the burn is from the explosion? But why only in that place? It doesn't make any sense.

The skin was well healed, but it was still visible that it was a burn. But the tattoo should still be visible. Even if the skin breaks.

So why can't it be seen?

Her words made me wonder if it really was Lyssa and not someone else. It's just that little seed of doubt in the back of my head.

I slowly stood up and walked closer to her. I brushed her hair away from the right side of her face and leaned over her so I could see the mark under her ear.

It's there.

Thank goodness.

"Do you know what personal space is?" I pulled away from her when she spoke. Her eyes were suddenly open and she was looking at me with a not enthusiastic expression.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Enough to know you'd make a good stalker. Do you often enjoy the sight of sleeping women?" She raised herself with her hands to lean against the head of the bed. "What happened?" She ran her fingers over her temples.

"Don't you remember?" I frowned.

"I remember planning to kill you. You willingly gave me a gun and then it's all a blur."