Bonus chapter

I couldn't see anything

I couldn't see anything. It was dark everywhere.

And since I couldn't rely on my eyesight, I had to rely on everything else.

I closed my eyes, listening to my surroundings. I could hear my own heart beating loudly in my chest. I tried to calm down, to control my own breath and heart.

However, by the time I calmed my own body, it was too late. I felt cold metal on the back of my head, which couldn't be anything other than a gun.

"Whoever you are, when you shoot, pray to God it kills me." It was a threat I planned to follow through on.

This is not how I thought today would turn out. Actually, I thought it was going to be another normal day. That was until I received a message with a time and place.

Of course, I couldn't resist, so I ended up here. A gun to my head. Good job, Lyssa.

"Shoot? No, I'm just happy to see you." A familiar female voice called from behind me. The gunhead disappeared and suddenly there was a light.

"Nyx." I clenched my jaw and turned around.

"Lyssa." She smiled. "We have not seen each other for a long time."

"Yes, the best months of my life. What are you doing here? What problems are you carrying today?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Problems? Me?" She clutched her chest. "You are insulting me."

"Really?" I raised one eyebrow.

"Not really." She shook her head and hid the gun behind her belt on her back.

"So what are you doing here or why didn't you text me normally? Or, you know, knock on the door like a normal person?"

"Admit it, you couldn't resist the mysterious message." She smiled triumphantly. "You miss the thrill. The excitement."

"I've got a kid who's almost a teen, so no, I'm not missing any excitement. Now, what are you doing here?" I don't like that she's avoiding the question.

"I have a problem." She exhaled heavily.

"What a surprise." I rolled my eyes. "Who did you piss off this time?"

"No, it's not like that."

"Okay, so whose body do you need to get rid of?" I frowned.

"Ha-ha-ha, funny. I'm serious." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Uhm, me too." I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, what's going on? Talk."

"I think..." She nervously played with the ring on her right hand. "I think that..."

"Okay, start talking or..."

"I think I'm in love." She suddenly screamed and that silenced me more than anything in my entire life. What did she just say?